Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

PC games that can be ported

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PC games that can be ported

Postby jmd28 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:43 am

ezelkow1 wrote:A game cant even be attempted to be ported if the source doesn't exist or if there isn't an opensource home made version. The only hope for a game like quarantine is dosbox which I wouldn't hold out much hope on.

Sorry i jumped in without reading the first page :oops:
jmd28

Postby kamiyay on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Abuse should be ported! There is even an SDL version!

http://happypenguin.org/show?Abuse-SDL
kamiyay

Postby ezelkow1 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Abuse is 100% possible, I already built it a few weeks back and could run it up to the main menu, but I didnt have any of the key mappings correct so I couldnt actually use it. I got sidetracked and never got back to it but it is definitely possible. Of course I dont know how well it runs, but I would think pretty well considering the age and that its not being emulated.
ezelkow1

Postby sold on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:26 pm

How possible are the following?

svStrife
Dosbox
Tyrian.
c-dogs
Ur-quan Masters
A more advanced Doom engine than prboom
a PSX emulator
sold

Postby ezelkow1 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:44 pm

-Looks like svStrife is based on prboom, as long as there is sdl support its possible
-Dosbox already builds but I havent gotten anything to run on it, I doubt there would be useful performance
-Tyrian is possible since there is opentyrian and its based on sdl and builds for other numerous consoles
-there are sdl and gp2x ports of c-dogs, so its possible
-cant get to any info on urquan at work, so I dont know
-I dont know how much more advanced you can get in a doom engine, its just doom, I do see there is one called chocolate doom that may support doom 1/2/heretic/hexen so that may be worthwhile to look into, but if it doesnt support sdl it makes it alot harder
-PSX is way way off if at all
ezelkow1

Postby grz3siek on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Port of Quake II would be awesome. My mobile can run it so I think Dingoo could either.
grz3siek

Postby sold on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Cool. Thanks for replying.

I was wondering, couldn't anything ported to the PSP be ported to the Dingoo without too much pain? Like the PSP build of Dosbox which is supposed to have a dynamic core for mips?
sold

Postby espontaneo on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Hmm I'd like a stripped down Freeciv, that would be cool as well as Open Transport Tycoon.

Bit long winded for the bus mind :)

A more advanced engine than doom? Clearly Quake or Quake 2....
espontaneo

Postby Yongary on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:45 pm

sold wrote:Cool. Thanks for replying.

I was wondering, couldn't anything ported to the PSP be ported to the Dingoo without too much pain? Like the PSP build of Dosbox which is supposed to have a dynamic core for mips?

I wondered about this too.
Yongary

Postby emusan on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 pm

sold wrote:Cool. Thanks for replying.

much of what is ported to the PSP can be ported to the Dingoo, though it would take more than just a simple recompile(they have different libraries). Also anything using the power of the PSP graphics card would be very hard to port to the Dingoo, as the Dingoo has no graphics hardware(it all has to be emulated).
emusan

PreviousNext

Return to Homebrew