Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gemei's latest Creation the A380 - A widescreen Dingoo

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Gemei's latest Creation the A380 - A widescreen Dingoo

Postby Bingo83 on Sun May 03, 2009 12:23 am

Excuse the poor translation - but cant find an English listing for it yet.

Model A380 (4G)
4G memory
Flash memory storage media
Built-in lithium battery 1600mAH battery
Maximum support expansion cards 32GB Mini SD Card
Transmission Interface USB 2.0 interface
4.3 inches screen size
16 million color screen features 480 × 272 TFT color display
Image viewer support JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG formats picture browsing
Read the text to support
To support the video format support RMVB, RM, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, DAT, MP4, ASF format video format
Flash animation support
Support audio format mp3, wma, flac, ape
Recording function to support the
FM function support
Speakers have
PS/3D/GBA/NEO/FC/SFC/GB/GBC/CPS1/CPS2/MD simulation game features support for games
Annex headset, standard USB wire, AV cable, charger
TTS reading performance in support of other

Unknown what chipset its using and whether there is compatability with the A320 or the X760+ I am sure more will be known soon enough.
Bingo83

Re: Gemei's latest Creation the A380 - A widescreen Dingoo

Postby strider_mt2k on Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 am

Sonofa...

That IS pretty cool looking.
strider_mt2k

Postby pinata on Sun May 03, 2009 3:35 am

I have mixed feelings about this. It's definitely a very cool device that looks like a great evolution to the Dingoo. The only problem is that I kind of have to wonder if it's going to replace or coexist with the A320. It it's going to replace it, then I really hope the software is compatible with the A320/x760. If those devices are replaced this soon, it could kill the scene. One thing that is going against the thought of coexisting is that there hasn't been a button fix yet. From my perspective, it looks as if Gemei has moved on. So if it's replacing it, hopefully the software will be compatible with the A320. It looks like PS might be a Playstation emulator and the GB/GBC emulators must have been improved. I went with a Dingoo because the price was right, and honestly it doesn't bother me too much if more emulators don't get released because I'm really able to enjoy the device as is. One thing I'm pretty sure of though, is that if Dingoo or Gemei don't fix this stuff or if they replace the system this fast, I'll definitely be looking at GPH/OpenPandora for my next portable.
pinata

Postby Dan on Sun May 03, 2009 4:49 am

Damn, it is too late to cancel my Dingoo order. Well I hope this new thing uses the same CPU/RAM and those new emulators will be compatible with the Dingoo.
Dan

Postby SHARKPUNCH on Sun May 03, 2009 6:41 am

damn i just got my dingoo 3 days ago :/ hopefully the "PS" emulator will work on the a320
SHARKPUNCH

Postby Dan on Sun May 03, 2009 7:39 am

I do think that the Dingoo is better looking than this thing. Any idea when it will be released or how much it will cost?
Dan

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Sun May 03, 2009 7:51 am

To be honest, it looks/sounds the excatly the same, except a bigger screen. I don't like the look of it, it's to much PSP-like for my liking.
Wiredbomb0

Postby welshmouse on Sun May 03, 2009 8:43 am

Wiredbomb0 wrote:To be honest, it looks/sounds the excatly the same, except a bigger screen. I don't like the look of it, it's to much PSP-like for my liking.

i agree. i dont want a widescreen for an emulation device. after all, the games natively play in 4:3 so the wider the screen, the more distorted they will be.

if this 'PS' DOES mean playstation though, then ill be dissapointed. Though porting it to the a320 should be fairly simple as long as the hardware isnt drastically altered(at least easier than creating a whole new emulator from scratch, or porting a GP2x PS emu which was coded for different hardware)

either way, we wont be getting any new emulators if we cant get suport from some devs, and by releasing new machines in such quick succesion, you can be sure no one will want to support it.

im starting to regret getting my dingoo a little now...
but still, its already paid for itself in terms of enjoyment, so i could still get a WIZ if they are ever released...
welshmouse

Postby strider_mt2k on Sun May 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Rumors and rendered drawings aren't enough to get me all regretting my purchase.

Learn to deal with common stuff like this or get out of the gadget game, because this is exactly how it goes..
strider_mt2k

Postby Bingo83 on Sun May 03, 2009 3:31 pm

From what I have read development on PSP emulators is much the same environment as the Dingoo, both share MIPS processors so with Sony coming up with a very decent PSX emulator it could be back engineered to run on the A320/A380 depending if they share the same chipsets.

No doubt DealExtreme will have these for order soon. Gonna have to buy one now :)
Bingo83

Next

Return to A320 hardware