Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[Alpha] DingooThemeEMU

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

[Alpha] DingooThemeEMU

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:11 am

DingooThemeEMU (more literally correct)

Hey there everyone. I thought that I should at least tell you guys what I have been up too since last night (11pm). This:

Image Image

I present, the DingooEMU (or DEMU). The idea behind this is so that themers (you know who you are) can test their themes in real-time (haven't gotten to that part yet lol) without constantly copying files across to their dingoo to see how it looks. Since it is only an emu, it's not going to look 100% correct, but from my tests, it's pretty much 95% (the only issue is the font, so don't ask lol). To use it:

1) Download DEMU from here | old
2) Extract DEMU.exe into your res folder (so it's in the same folder as the folders for a,b,c,d,mainface etc)
3) If your icons are not in folder 'a', copy them across (like if you were testing them out in the folder b, just swap the folder names around)
4) Then run DEMU. You will need to have all the icons used on the main menu for it to run (gives an error if you don't).

This is only alpha testing, so I really need you guys to post back with bugs. In a way, try and crash the sucker :D

NOTE: I've limited how far across the menu you can go, and so you can't go pass Radio. When I get a chance, I will put in the missing information, and remove the limit. Otherwise, there would be issues.

SPECIAL NOTES: For the menu effect (that circle effect), I have used the 3dgame.png files (going from 1 to 10). If I didn't, the program would lag very much, or use a hell-of-a-lot of ram. So, just edit that one, and then replace it with the other png files later.

If you have any problems, suggestions, I would be glad to hear it!

Changelog
-------
All menu items can now be selected! (nothing will happen though lol)
-------
Downward menu selecting
Menu button circle animation
-------
Loading of all horizontal icons
Names associated with each icon
Last edited by Wiredbomb0 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wiredbomb0

Re: [Alpha] DingooEMU

Postby Bob on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:29 am

Woah, VERY NICE!

I thought there was no love for "themers" here but I guess I was wrong! Thanks, I'll try it out right now.

Working on a Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Sonic & Knuckles theme, so this should be handy.
Bob

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:38 am

Bob wrote:Woah, VERY NICE!

I thought there was no love for "themers" here but I guess I was wrong! Thanks, I'll try it out right now.

Working on a Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Sonic & Knuckles theme, so this should be handy.

Perfect! If you could take some screenshots of you developing it, that would be helpful. I haven't really been into making themes, so I can really test complete ones. I'm glad that atleast someone will use it :lol:
Wiredbomb0

Postby Bob on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:43 am

Actually, if you're looking for a completed one, I just finished this Super Mario Bros. 3 theme and it's not too shabby.

super-mario-bros-3-theme-t747.html
Bob

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:58 am

Bob wrote:Actually, if you're looking for a completed one, I just finished this Super Mario Bros. 3 theme and it's not too shabby.

super-mario-bros-3-theme-t747.html

lol, I was looking for one that was half-complete, so I could show other people, that you can edit each icon one-by-one and preview it. Good theme though.
Wiredbomb0

Postby Bob on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 am

Ah, I see. Well, Maybe I'll take some screen shots of me using this app for my new theme.
Bob

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:10 am

Bob wrote:Ah, I see. Well, Maybe I'll take some screen shots of me using this app for my new theme.

Thanks a lot!
Wiredbomb0

Postby flaviobello on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:14 am

great! really usefull for ppl like me :D
thanks man, this is awesome! i'll test it and tells if something nedds fix and stuff, keep updating this tool man, thanks again
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:20 am

flaviobello wrote:great! really usefull for ppl like me :D
thanks man, this is awesome! i'll test it and tells if something nedds fix and stuff, keep updating this tool man, thanks again

Perfect. I'm just about to update it, so I'll see if I can get back to you soon.
Wiredbomb0

Postby Bob on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:38 pm

When I make my theme, I change nearly EVERYTHING in the res directory, including the a, b, c, and d folders. Is there any way I can switch between those when using the app? Right now I can only access folder a.

Also, whenever I shut down the DEMU, my whole screen goes black and then fades back in. Is this normal!? lol
Bob

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks