Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gemei's latest Creation the A380 - A widescreen Dingoo

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Gemei's latest Creation the A380 - A widescreen Dingoo

Postby snezzle on Sun May 03, 2009 4:58 pm

The fact that gemei are releasing another device thats almost identical just shows how much they care about the x760+ and the a320 and the users/fan base, there interested in making money and dont appear to give a s**t if people code or support the device so long as they have the money.

This annoys me more than anything.

ps.

its a gemei FFS not a dingoo, dingoo create games, gemei create the tech eg. the consoles.

http://www.dingoogames.cn/home.html

http://gemeitech.manufacturer.globalsou ... mepage.htm
a320 and x760+ download database, fast downloads

http://x760.uuuq.com/uploader/
snezzle

Postby centre on Sun May 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Agree with strider above. Even if this was real and in production - the A320 is a great device and it's here and available now. It's cheap, well built and does emulation really good. The A380's widescreen doesn't really make any sense for anything but PS/PSP games, which I have some doubts this will do well anyway. So no regrets here either.

IF it's good, I might ending up buying a A380 as well but for now I'm very happy with the Dingoo and I'm quite sure we'll see some great stuff developed for it soon (MAME etc.)

EDIT: Read somewhere on the dingo-digital.com forum that this might be have been faked to hurt Dingoo A320 sales..
centre

Postby gibberoids on Mon May 04, 2009 12:22 am

who didnt see this coming :D
such a typical manouvre from careless chinese developers.

so basically expect nothing new for the a320 unless its done by the community, dingoo have dumped it now.
gibberoids

Postby JeKel on Mon May 04, 2009 12:42 am

Wow, ok, now I have to rethink my strategy. My girlfriend just bought my white modded A320 so I was gonna get a black one to replace that, then imagine my surprise when I see this thread! Now I have to know if this thing is any better. I have to assume it costs more since the screen is bigger and the corners are a bit less cut and paste. SO MANY QUESTIONS, is PS Playstation? ...if so, can it be used on the A320? Is there an option for aspect ratio instead of just stretching everything? How is the D-pad? Is the Y button issue fixed? There's no possible way I can order a black A320 now until I hear a review on this thing... unless availability is way off in the future. That might make the decision for me. Sheesh! LOL
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Mon May 04, 2009 6:48 am

Jekel, I don't think the device has come out yet, so some of those questions can't be answered lol. As for the screen, it's stupid to have a screen that wide, simply because the older games were made for a square, rather then the widescreen (or the 16:9 ratio). Things would look distorted. I don't think this is a worth-while product in my honest opinion, the A320 is great. If this was to have some form or multiplayer, that would be the only diffrentiating the two devices.

(sorry for spelling)
Wiredbomb0

Postby nardich on Mon May 04, 2009 6:10 pm

I was going to write exactly the same things as Wiredbomb0 .
What's the point, anyway, to have a wide screen here ?
PS games are very few to use that : wip3out and a few other games.
And anyway, I think too that it looks like a fake.
nardich

Postby Bingo83 on Mon May 04, 2009 7:03 pm

nardich wrote:I was going to write exactly the same things as Wiredbomb0 .
What's the point, anyway, to have a wide screen here ?
PS games are very few to use that : wip3out and a few other games.
And anyway, I think too that it looks like a fake.

I dont necessarily think its a fake, Gemei created then sold the rights to the A320. I dont think they really knew what they had when it was sold off. Now the market for the A320 has taken off they want a slice of the pie. Gemei make some nice PMP's but none of them had the control set up which makes gaming a pleasure on their devices. They created a PMP with proper controls and it sells like hotcakes but sold the rights, now they want that market back for themselves.

Altough it could just be vapourware and an attempt to muddy the waters whilst they work on Dingoo Killer, who knows and only time will tell.
Bingo83

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:16 pm

lol, that's funny. They gave away something, that is slice of pie. When will people learn, never give away pie :D

But yeah, I can't see the difference between them, except a widescreen, which will make most games look odd anyways.
Wiredbomb0

Postby ThaCoBRA on Tue May 05, 2009 3:23 am

nobody noticed the thumbstick ? quit dwelling on the screen.
ImageImage
ThaCoBRA

Postby JeKel on Tue May 05, 2009 3:49 am

As far as widescreen goes, like I said, I wonder if they have an aspect ratio setting to get games back to 4:3 so you can just use the widescreen for movies and such. I like the rounded corners and the fact that it's a widescreen makes it a tad wider which would work out for my big hands better. Also, like I said, There are some PS games I would love to play so I wonder what the compatibility there is. I also wonder if they fixed that Y/B issue so I don't have to keep modding every one I get.
All that being said, there are just too many variables and the main one is TIME. I bet this thing will be a while before it hits the market and is available here in the US by some means. I'm gonna get a black Dingoo to replace my white one. Then depending on future reviews of the A380, I might sell the Black A320 and get the new one. But I still am anxious to hear some specifics :)
-JeKel
JeKel

PreviousNext

Return to A320 hardware