Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Easy way to install firmware!

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Easy way to install fireware!

Postby jackpasser on Sun May 10, 2009 2:28 am

JeKel wrote:
Wiredbomb0 wrote:What happens if the date of creation and last modification is before the current one installed? Would it still update to a previous version?

I'm not sure what file disk U is, but that's basically how I've been doing the firmware update. I find that HXF file in the main (root?) area on the Dingoo and delete it, replace it wit the new one, turn off the Dingoo and boot up holding down on the D pad. Says "updating firmware" and then comes back a minute or so with everything installed.
I didn't like the update with the new video codecs because many of my games were running WAY too fast so I did the same proceedure deleting the new HXF file and replacing it with my backed up old file then the power on holding down button again. It all came back as original. So YES it appears you can go back and fourth. I've had no Ill effects from doing it this way. (Disclaimer: do firmware updates at your own risk of course)
-JeKel

in fact ,there's no new video code.we have get the two code in MD5 check, there 're same.
jackpasser

Postby jackpasser on Sun May 10, 2009 2:30 am

Bingo83 wrote:Thats the way I was doing mine, I thought the other way was only for flashing the unofficial firmare from TeamDingoo.

not only unofficial fireware , all fireware can do in this way.
jackpasser

Postby SiENcE on Sun May 10, 2009 9:27 am

what is "fireware"?!?

I think you mean FIRMWARE.
SiENcE

Postby Anemos on Sun May 10, 2009 9:33 am

if this working,is realy easy and cool! someone test this guys?
Edit: can we just rename the (a320-1.03TD-3.hxf) to (A320.hxf) to install this update?
thanks jackpasser ;)
Anemos

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:45 am

Anemos wrote:if this working,is realy easy and cool! someone test this guys?
Edit: can we just rename the (a320-1.03TD-3.hxf) to (A320.hxf) to install this update?
thanks jackpasser ;)

I'm pretty sure that's what you can do. Don't ask me, I can't install updates yet.
Wiredbomb0

Postby snezzle on Sun May 10, 2009 5:56 pm

jackpasser wrote:HI there, at first sorry about my bad english, I`m from China. I noticed that most of u guys use a complex FLASHING PROCESS to install the firmware. such as to use some software on PC. I`m confused, I think there's a more easier way may be u know to do this.

1, Copy the A320.HXF( u should rename it ) file to Disk U , I don`t mean the mini SD.

2, Make sure date of creation and last of modification of HXF file is different from the original one.

3,Turn off A320 ,then hold the Down-pad and turn on

4, Just wait progress bar, it will reset soon

5, Done!

Who the hell used the tool to update the firmware that wipes everything from the flash memory.... :shock: :lol:

what is "fireware"?!?

I think you mean FIRMWARE.

the guy clearly said he was chinese and spoke bad english, give him a break.
Lets see you construct a paragraph in chinese.
a320 and x760+ download database, fast downloads

http://x760.uuuq.com/uploader/
snezzle

Postby jasha on Sun May 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks for this, I thought the flash util was always going to be a bit 'dodgy' with Vista so put off trying the custom firmware. Have just done it via this method with no problems at all.
jasha

Postby dude1983 on Sun May 10, 2009 10:46 pm

I followed the directions. When my Dingoo boots up, I just see a screen that just says the version # and that's it. Doesn't do anything beyond that. What did I do wrong?
dude1983

Postby Anemos on Sun May 10, 2009 10:56 pm

dude1983 wrote:I followed the directions. When my Dingoo boots up, I just see a screen that just says the version # and that's it. Doesn't do anything beyond that. What did I do wrong?

Same, i just rename the A320-1.03TD-3 to A320.hxf,and my Dingoo frost on that screen.. i use the recovery tool (unbricker) and now im back to original firmware,my Dingoo works again.
Anemos

Postby dude1983 on Sun May 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Anemos wrote:
dude1983 wrote:I followed the directions. When my Dingoo boots up, I just see a screen that just says the version # and that's it. Doesn't do anything beyond that. What did I do wrong?

Same, i just rename the A320-1.03TD-3 to A320.hxf,and my Dingoo frost on that screen.. i use the recovery tool (unbricker) and now im back to original firmware,my Dingoo works again.

So Anemos, do you have the new firmware on your Dingoo?
dude1983

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks