Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Easy way to install firmware!

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Easy way to install fireware!

Postby Anemos on Sun May 10, 2009 11:35 pm

The official V1.03
Anemos

Postby dude1983 on Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 am

Again, I followed your exact and everyone's exact instruction. Renamed the file to A320.hxf and still all I get when it boots up is the screen that says which version of the firmware it is. Why won't it let me go to the main menu to navigate?

The problem still remains I believe is that when I install the update, my PC doesn't look at my Dingoo as an external drive. So when I have the new update installed, I plug in the USB and nothing happens because my PC can't read it. How can I solve this? BTW, I am able to recover my Dingoo every time but I still have the biggest trouble installing the new fireware.
dude1983

Postby JeKel on Mon May 11, 2009 1:34 am

The new firmware doesn't really help very much to me. I took it off after 1 day. I just use the overclock app now only if I'm playing something that struggles. You're really not missing out on much (IMO). I use mine with the original setup 99.9% of the time and it's fine.
-JeKel
P.S. Now if they get a Y/B firmware fix you might want to get that running, but until then, don't sweat it.
JeKel

Re: Easy way to install firmware!

Postby jasha on Mon May 11, 2009 9:38 am

I did it slightly differently than posted. (This is vista, so I dont know how different XP will behave when connecting and removing hardware)

1). Connect to computer.

2). Delete the current a320.hxf file from the dingoo.

3). Copy over the new one (rename as a320.hxf if necessary), plus the extra folders required.

4). Safely remove hardware, and disconnect the cable. The dingoo will go back to its main menu screen.

5). Turn off. Then turn back on holding down on the d-pad. It should pop up now and install the new firmware. Takes about a minute.
jasha

Postby Anemos on Mon May 11, 2009 11:37 am

jasha wrote:I did it slightly differently than posted. (This is vista, so I dont know how different XP will behave when connecting and removing hardware)

1). Connect to computer.

2). Delete the current a320.hxf file from the dingoo.

3). Copy over the new one (rename as a320.hxf if necessary), plus the extra folders required.

4). Safely remove hardware, and disconnect the cable. The dingoo will go back to its main menu screen.

5). Turn off. Then turn back on holding down on the d-pad. It should pop up now and install the new firmware. Takes about a minute.

this not working with the (A320-1.03TD-3) firm, maybe needed only official firmware
Anemos

Postby jasha on Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 pm

It does, as that is what I installed on mine. Just make sure you rename the new A320-1.03TD-3.hxf file to just a320.hxf and copy the required folder to the root as well.
jasha

Postby Anemos on Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

jasha wrote:It does, as that is what I installed on mine. Just make sure you rename the new A320-1.03TD-3.hxf file to just a320.hxf and copy the required folder to the root as well.

no for me,same problem has also the dude1983, Dingoo stay on logo screen and that all, looks like briked.
Anemos

Postby Anemos on Mon May 11, 2009 3:04 pm

My fault.. after to Burn the firmware must be copy to the ROOT the SYSTEM folder!
Anemos

Postby Bobmeister on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 am

I'm taking the hxf from 1.03TD, I modified it using hxftool (awesome, btw) I change my clock to a day later than today, open and close the hxf to say it was modded tomorrow (that's what you're supposed to do, right?) then I rename it to a320.hxf and put it in the root, boot and it says

"Same Firmware Version"

Then boots like normal, no change. What am I doing wrong?
Bobmeister

Postby eule on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Try to go back to an old firmware, like 1.01 or so, and then you should be able to update.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks