Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[EMULATOR] DOOEngine V0.9c

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [EMULATOR] DOOEngine V0.9c

Postby capt_bugaloo on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:32 pm

This sounds interesting. It sounds like most game run "A bit slow, But very playable".
When compared to a real TG-16, how is the speed? 60%, 80%, etc.

I will have to try this out after work later tonight...
capt_bugaloo

Postby Exophase on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 pm

alekmaul wrote:
Exophase wrote:Well, my emu is not really from another emu. I took parts from mess, tgemu and mednafen. i compile all , and that's DOOEngine ^^

trooper, really thanks for your big list, that's great !

Okay, well I'm probably not the first person to tell you something like this, but two of those emulators are under the GPL so you need to release the source code to yours. At the very least it'd be nice if you gave the other emulators proper credit in your readme.
Exophase

Postby Uukrul on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Dingoo scene won't survive for long if the coders don't release the source code so others can learn. Almost none do it and it's a real shame.
Uukrul

Postby alekmaul on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 am

Uukrul wrote:Dingoo scene won't survive for long if the coders don't release the source code so others can learn. Almost none do it and it's a real shame.

Well, Exophase, Uukrul, i release source code of xrickoo which is under GPL and really only a port, so you can learn about it.
As I said, i take parts of DOOEngine emulation from other emulators to learn how to do DooEngine, it's not a whole code from TGEmu / MESS, and so on, it's only a way to learn how to make my emu. For example, the cpu is not from one emu but from all parts of the others emus and from my experience of emulation on DS Scene... Same thing for vdc emulation (which is only for pc engine emulation, not for dingoo engine learning).
So no, i will not release the source code, but i can help as i do here to have more coders on dingoo scene.
Also, you have some peace of code in the dev section to learn how to code, and all that i can see, that's except flatmush, we don't have lot's of help in Dingoo scene ...
Even on gp32x forum you know exophase ...
The whole scene is only for dingux, no one code on native os, so if it's a pb, i can leave dingoo scene and stop porting my ds emulators to dingoo, i have lot's of work elsewhere ...
I love people doing such post and not helping people when they want help to begin developpment on some platforms ...
alekmaul

Postby capt_bugaloo on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:37 am

Personally I am happy to see your efforts for the native OS, alekmaul. I probably play the Coleco v2 emulator more than any of the standard emulators.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing more of your efforts for the Dingoo.
capt_bugaloo

Postby Gravis on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:26 am

alekmaul wrote:As I said, i take parts of DOOEngine emulation from other emulators to learn how to do DooEngine, it's not a whole code from TGEmu / MESS, and so on, it's only a way to learn how to make my emu. For example, the cpu is not from one emu but from all parts of the others emus and from my experience of emulation on DS Scene... Same thing for vdc emulation (which is only for pc engine emulation, not for dingoo engine learning).

it doesnt matter if you use parts or the entire emulator, you are legally obligated to release the source code.

So no, i will not release the source code

you must or you are violating the law.
Gravis

Postby alekmaul on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am

Hum, Gravis and others about such post. 1st post for you and a great post, that's really help to code for Dingoo scene.
I know about GPL and just took a look at my xrick port, you have all source code ! SO STOP !
My poor english is certainly the pb, i wanted to say that i took parts of infos from others emus, not the code, the code is mine and not the code from others emus.
As I know, i don't have to release the code in such case and of course, i will have the same code (or something like mess/tgemu/mednafen code) of these emus because they emulate pc engine like it must be emulate. It's really strange that you can't understand that (perhaps you d'ont know what's programming is, you can only do such poor posts) ...
My goal is not to have congratulation about dooengine or others emus but to help dingoo scene ON NATIVE OS,which is very poor actually with new homebrews. If you think it's bad, just tell me !!!
I will add a comment in readme/lisezmoi file about tgemu/mess/mednafen authors but i will never release the source code of dooengine, it's my source code that i wrote with MY KEYBOARD and MY FINGERS, not these emu source code.
alekmaul

Postby Derk on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:57 am

This is obviously an attack on Dingoo coders because of the very soon to be released Pandora system that these guys fully support. They are hoping to trash the scene to get crossovers to the pandora. Don't listen to them alekmaul they have no interest in helping the dingoo. You've done great things for the scene already and you deserve credit for what you have accomplished. BTW I think its funny and hypocritical for these guys to whine about breaking the law when they support systems whose main function is to provide access to games that they have not paid the rights to use, i.e. emulation. I believe you when you say you wrote the code. And until they have a court ordered subpoena to view the source code and compare it, they are committing slander when they make such wild accusations. Which btw IS illegal.
Derk

Postby Nickeng on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:59 am

I think thats clear enough for anybody.
Nickeng

Postby SiENcE on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

@alekmaul: I think you shoudn't here on such comments. If you do not violate the GPL or another License it's fully on you, to release or not release any SourceCode of you.

All people should respect this!

I'm also a coder who publish most code under the GPL or LGPL. But sometimes i don't want to release it OSS, just because it has no real benefit. Most people look into the source, do a bad hack and then they publish it again. I loose control over the Apps. Versioning and normal Users are disoriented, which Version they should use.

So i really understand you.

@Gravis & Uukrul: I dont see any sourcecode, apps or emus from you? Are you coders? Are you violating the GPL because of not releasing your changed sourcecodes ;-) ? First look onto yourself, than to others.
SiENcE

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases