Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Postby joyrider on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:18 pm

okay :

To the people not seeing GBC / GB roms :

1) remove the other gameboy emulator and see if it works ...
2) run a checkdisk against your drive where you stored the roms (no not on your computers drive but the dingoo's one) (i had similar problems when unhooking my dingoo unsafely it wasn't showing me new files i've put on it and the dingoo's filesystem had gotten corrupt ALWAY SAFELY REMOVE ! if chkdsk gives you a result about finding errors but can not fix them you will have to reformat your dingoo's drive, i did this by just using the unbricker tool
3) if this doesn't help, can you tell me EXACTLY where you placed your roms and sims ? (i want a folder structure)

To the gemei owners:

i do not have a gemei or whatever it's called so i have no way to test it, but if someone can provide me the button value's and is willing to test it out i can make a new version with the button value's

Customn frames are supported, please read the readme it's there for a reason :)

and to siloucos, turn of frameskip it already runs at 60 fps :)

Glad you all like it :)
joyrider

Postby dezign999 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Great Emu Thanks!

Having a problem with my Dingoo locking up and requiring a reset after playing a game and launching another. I experienced this with the first version of Colecoo emulator as well, however it has since been fixed when it was last updated. Perhaps its something similar.
dezign999

Postby joyrider on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:29 pm

hmm could be a memory leak, try to reset the dingoo and only play the gamboy emulator if it doesn't happen then it's probably some other application that's leaking memory :)

but it is possible that lockups occur and yes you'd have to reset the dingoo then. (although i have tried many roms and almost all worked without a problem)
joyrider

Postby mrdrilleraddict on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:18 pm

If you cannot see the files do a update jukebox. It worked for me! Maybe it will work for you!

To update the jukebox just goto the music menu and select update jukebox and select ok
mrdrilleraddict

Postby mrdrilleraddict on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 pm

ooops just noticed that someone else suggested updating the jukebox my bad sorry.
mrdrilleraddict

Postby tiagao_extremo on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:43 am

joyrider wrote:To the gemei owners:

i do not have a gemei or whatever it's called so i have no way to test it, but if someone can provide me the button value's and is willing to test it out i can make a new version with the button value's

Hey joyrider thanks for your answer. Gemei X-760+ looks like the Dingoo, they even share the same hardware, except that the Dingoo has the Select, Start, L & R and Gemei don't. Gemei just have four basic buttons and uses a combination of the power button with the basic buttons to compensate the lack of buttons and works just fine. How can i provide you the button value's? All i know is that the gemei have a X button where the Dingoo have the Y button, the ∆ button where the dingoo have the X button. A and B are in the same place. At the native emulators that works fine for the Dingoo and the Gemei we use the power button to activate the menu. Do you need something else so that would be possible for gemei owners to use this really nice emulator? Thanks man!
tiagao_extremo

Postby nine10 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:08 am

ok, I update jukebox and now its working
pretty nice emulator, thanks for the support

=D
nine10

Postby joyrider on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 pm

tiagao_extremo, i'll see that i can make a little program tonight that shows you the button values when you press (and hold) a certain key i'm at work now so i can not do it now. you will need to run the program on your gemei hold one button and write down the value that's being displayed, you will have to do this for all the buttons availible (even the power button if it registers a number). if this works i can easily make a version for gemei. if you want you can add me on msn it's my nickname + 3774[at]hotmail.com replace the [at] with @. And we can work togther to see if it'll work. i'll be home in about 6-7 hours.
joyrider

Postby tiagao_extremo on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:35 pm

joyrider wrote:tiagao_extremo, i'll see that i can make a little program tonight that shows you the button values when you press (and hold) a certain key i'm at work now so i can not do it now. you will need to run the program on your gemei hold one button and write down the value that's being displayed, you will have to do this for all the buttons availible (even the power button if it registers a number). if this works i can easily make a version for gemei. if you want you can add me on msn it's my nickname + 3774[at]hotmail.com replace the [at] with @. And we can work togther to see if it'll work. i'll be home in about 6-7 hours.

Hey man thanks again for being so helpful! I added you at the msn, it's my nickname [at]hotmail.com ok? If you don't find me online by the time you get home could you please send me the program with the instructions for the button values by email? We have a brazilian community for the gemei and a lot of people would surely be pleased for your emulator. =]
tiagao_extremo

Postby aceyrandom on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Great port, joyrider - thanks for your work on this! Finally had a go of it last night and it works beautifully - good menu interface, everything seemed to be perfect on the games I tried!
aceyrandom

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases