Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Postby n00body on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:56 am

Try to update your jukebox.
n00body

Postby alekmaul on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Billinmich wrote:firmware 1.1
i have the md.sim from july so i guess it is the newest version.
Even after deleting the md.sim and cfg files it won't show the gbc roms

OK, really strange.
The emu works fine for me with gbc and gb files.
Do you have lot's of files in your directory, or perhaps it's a directory name pb ?
I put files in my miniSD card, in a directory named GBC, i have tested only about 20 files, and all works fine.
alekmaul

Postby Hellsing1 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi

I agree - just have .gb and .gbc files in a folder and they are found and run perfectly.

Hellsing1
Hellsing1

Postby Billinmich on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:32 pm

alekmaul wrote:
Billinmich wrote:firmware 1.1
i have the md.sim from july so i guess it is the newest version.
Even after deleting the md.sim and cfg files it won't show the gbc roms

OK, really strange.
The emu works fine for me with gbc and gb files.
Do you have lot's of files in your directory, or perhaps it's a directory name pb ?
I put files in my miniSD card, in a directory named GBC, i have tested only about 20 files, and all works fine.

I had filled the folder with a gbc rom pack...didn't work
Went back and only put about 10 in the GBC. That still doesn't work. Same thing happened to me before with a different emu and then all of a sudden it found the files. I'm hoping the gameboy emu magically works for me.
Billinmich

Postby nine10 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:03 pm

i have the same problem, ¨interesting games¨ dont show the gb or gbc roms , its estrange i have the hacked mega drive emu, i will test deleting the others homebrew emus and inform you.
nine10

Postby Reesy on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Billinmich wrote:
Reesy wrote:Thanks for your hard work Joyrider, you've done an amazing job. I will be using your emulator alot.

@Billinmich: Your GBC roms need to have a .gb extension, not a .gbc extension. The emulator automatically detects if the rom is a gameboy color rom.

You seem to be very wrong...atleast going by the readme that he wrote for this emu. If that was the case joyrider would have said that in his response to my comment/problem.

how to install ?
----------------
copy GNUBOY.SIM in the A:\\GAME\\ directory, it MUST be placed there and nowhere else !
Once you did this you can copy over roms to any directory you like on the dingoo. The roms
must be unzipped and have either a .gb or .gbc extention.

So where do you get that my gbc games need to be renamed to gb? Doesn't make sense m8.

Oh well works for me, sucks to be you
Reesy

Postby Chris23235 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:15 pm

nine10 wrote:i have the same problem, ¨interesting games¨ dont show the gb or gbc roms , its estrange i have the hacked mega drive emu, i will test deleting the others homebrew emus and inform you.

Maybe you still have the old Game Boy Color Emulator Beta on you Dingoo, I don't know if this one is interfering with the Gnuboy.
Chris23235

Postby gp2xs on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:31 pm

After playing a few hours with the full stretched screen I really like it.

The sound is also better.

I transferred my Pokemon Yellow in-game save (.sav) over from the Dingux sdlgnuboy version and renamed it to match the new naming convention and it works!

Joyrider,

To fit in with the other native emulators perhaps it could additionally use the power button slider to enter the menu?

Anyway the emulator is great as it is.

I am playing through Pokemon Yellow for the first time, never played any Pokemon before your Dingux gnuboy port and now this. Great game and great emulator.

Thanks Again!!!
gp2xs

Postby siloucos on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks Joyrider and everyone which made it true! Everything amazing here even when running at 30 fps! Hey, is there any chance of this emulator runs at perfect 60 fps in the future? Thanks a lot! playing GB and GBC games on tv rocks!
siloucos

Postby Chris23235 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:14 pm

siloucos wrote:Thanks Joyrider and everyone which made it true! Everything amazing here even when running at 30 fps! Hey, is there any chance of this emulator runs at perfect 60 fps in the future? Thanks a lot! playing GB and GBC games on tv rocks!

Try the overclocking App for the native OS, most games I tried ran fine at 430 MHz, at 60 FPS.
Chris23235

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases