Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Postby peter taste on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Has anyone else had the emulator freeze on the loading screen? I can't get past that point, and everything's in the right directory/folder. I do only have a couple of ROMs to try though, so it might be that (Alone In The Dark on GBC, and some homebrew ones I found), so if anyone could confirm if their version of Alone In The Dark should work that'd be great.

Also, my firmware's at V1.03, would that have an effect?
peter taste

Postby dezign999 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 pm

peter taste wrote:Has anyone else had the emulator freeze on the loading screen? I can't get past that point, and everything's in the right directory/folder. I do only have a couple of ROMs to try though, so it might be that (Alone In The Dark on GBC, and some homebrew ones I found), so if anyone could confirm if their version of Alone In The Dark should work that'd be great.

Also, my firmware's at V1.03, would that have an effect?

Yes, I also run into this problem, even from a fresh reset and not using any other emulators. I had a similar problem with the initial release of the Colecoo emulator, but it vanished after the next update. I'm hoping this gets sorted out, I don't typically have anything to reset my dingoo where I play it the most: on the throne :P
dezign999

Postby joyrider on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:10 pm

certain roms could be bad dumps but i'll try to seek for mem leaks, the emulator (currently) doesn't have a way to see if it failed to load a (bad) rom for example or when your file system is borked, try another version of alone in the dark the version i had ran fine although a bit slow.
joyrider

Postby Reo on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:47 am

Pokemon games freeze if the special "e" is in the name. Just rename it and it works fine.
Reo

Postby bouvrie on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Great work, the games load and play nicely. I really needed an emulator with sound volume control. :D
bouvrie

Postby joyrider on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:14 pm

okay made a simple version for gemei X760 owners, the Start & Select keys are mapped to Triangle and A so now these people can enjoy the emulator as well. Nothing has changed except for the button controls to work with the gemei :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?oeyhmznhymy

(the file is also in an attachement in this post)
gemei gnuboy.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by joyrider on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joyrider

Postby tiagao_extremo on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:15 pm

joyrider wrote:okay made a simple version for gemei X760 owners, the Start & Select keys are mapped to Triangle and A so now these people can enjoy the emulator as well. Nothing has changed except for the button controls to work with the gemei :)

(the file is an attachement in this post)

gemei gnuboy.zip

Thanks Joyrider. You're a really nice person! :D
tiagao_extremo

Postby knk on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:30 am

i'll try this out later, sounds great. I'm curious as to why you ported this from Dingux to the native firmware though? TV out purposes? Or do we get better performance in the stock operating system?
knk

Postby joyrider on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:02 pm

I just wanted to see if i could do it :)

i already backported the native version to dingux and it's running (same options as in the native one). but i didn't release it yet.
joyrider

Postby knk on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:18 pm

lol just because you can :). im gonna go and try it out now. hmm I really wish there was TV out in Dingux...
knk

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases