Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dingoo gnuboy version 1.0

Postby nine10 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:50 am

yeah!

EDIT: same Billinmich issue, file no found
Last edited by nine10 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
nine10

Postby Billinmich on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 am

Weird how i am using the same gbc games i have for the gnuboy emu on Dingux but on the OS it says no file found when i try to play a rom. When i browse the dingoo files it shows they are there with the .gbc extension too. I think my Dingoo is out to drive me crazy lol
Billinmich

Postby joyrider on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:07 am

hmm file not found ? when does this message or where exactly does it come ? (is it like a dingoo os message, or in the log file ?)

also try renaming your roms to a common name i had no such issues (yet) would be nice if i could reproduce them, you did put the GNUBOY.SIM file in a:\\games right ? and your using the "intresting games" menu right ?
joyrider

Postby tiagao_extremo on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:16 am

great work joyrider. would it possible to port this great emulator for the gemei x-760+? it's basically a dingoo with less buttons, but they share the same hardware. i tried here and it works just fine. just the keys need to be corrected.
tiagao_extremo

Postby Billinmich on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:31 am

joyrider wrote:hmm file not found ? when does this message or where exactly does it come ? (is it like a dingoo os message, or in the log file ?)

also try renaming your roms to a common name i had no such issues (yet) would be nice if i could reproduce them, you did put the GNUBOY.SIM file in a:\\games right ? and your using the "intresting games" menu right ?

The message pops up when i go to "interesting game" and try and open a file in my gameboy folder where the roms are.

Yup the gnuboy.sim file is in the dingoo game folder with all the other .sim
and yes i am using the interesting game. I've had the dingoo long enough to get that right m8. lol

i can browse for them and they show up with the .gbc extension
Aladdin (E) (M6) [C][!].gbc

Like i said they play fine on DinguX but some reason they won't show up for this new emu. I copied my gbc roms from DinguX to the folder i created.
Billinmich

Postby Reesy on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:03 am

Thanks for your hard work Joyrider, you've done an amazing job. I will be using your emulator alot.

@Billinmich: Your GBC roms need to have a .gb extension, not a .gbc extension. The emulator automatically detects if the rom is a gameboy color rom.
Reesy

Postby alekmaul on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:07 am

Billinmich wrote:Aladdin (E) (M6) [C][!].gbc

Like i said they play fine on DinguX but some reason they won't show up for this new emu. I copied my gbc roms from DinguX to the folder i created.

Hi Billinmich,
You can try two things :
-Do you have the megadrive patch installed, it can do some pb with others emulators.
-What is your firmware number ? you need the last one to be ok with emulators.
alekmaul

Postby Billinmich on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 am

Reesy wrote:Thanks for your hard work Joyrider, you've done an amazing job. I will be using your emulator alot.

@Billinmich: Your GBC roms need to have a .gb extension, not a .gbc extension. The emulator automatically detects if the rom is a gameboy color rom.

You seem to be very wrong...atleast going by the readme that he wrote for this emu. If that was the case joyrider would have said that in his response to my comment/problem.

how to install ?
----------------
copy GNUBOY.SIM in the A:\\GAME\\ directory, it MUST be placed there and nowhere else !
Once you did this you can copy over roms to any directory you like on the dingoo. The roms
must be unzipped and have either a .gb or .gbc extention.

So where do you get that my gbc games need to be renamed to gb? Doesn't make sense m8.
Billinmich

Postby Billinmich on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:44 am

alekmaul wrote:
Billinmich wrote:Aladdin (E) (M6) [C][!].gbc

Hi Billinmich,
You can try two things :
-Do you have the megadrive patch installed, it can do some pb with others emulators.
-What is your firmware number ? you need the last one to be ok with emulators.

firmware 1.1
i have the md.sim from july so i guess it is the newest version.
Even after deleting the md.sim and cfg files it won't show the gbc roms
Billinmich

Postby remax on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:46 am

Myself, i have no problem with file with gbc extension.
remax

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases