Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ANy one interested in an APP Store

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

ANy one interested in an APP Store

Postby kswildside on Sat May 16, 2009 9:49 am

I was wondering if Developers and Homebrewers would be interested in a APP store like APPLE and Blackberry now. have. Where they could sale there new games and application for the dingoo. I was think $1.99 per download with $1.49 going to the developer and the site keeping 50 cents to defer costs of the website and to make a profit of course. If I see interest in this I will take the time to develop a website and get things going on my end to provide this for the Dingoo Community.
kswildside

Re: ANy one interested in an APP Store

Postby SiENcE on Sat May 16, 2009 9:53 am

I think an central developer forum +svn repository would be more interesting. Currently there are so less exp. with the dingoo, that it may take more than a half year for really good game or apps.
SiENcE

Postby martinax85 on Sat May 16, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah, the community is way to low in number for that, the iphone is huge in popularity in comparison to the dingoo... And not many of the Dingoo users are good programmers (just a handfull), so... Not atm!
martinax85

Postby joyrider on Sat May 16, 2009 11:10 am

you could make a filearchive like the gp2x has ... there are systems for that so that developpers have one central place to upload their creations and users can easily browse all the software ever being made for the dingoo. Basically like an app store but without the paying part.

have look at the gp2x archive : http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi

it uses CFiles : availible here :
http://www.carrickit.com.au/scripts/cfiles/

it shouldn't be too hard to setup the main problem would be bandwith and whose goana pay all that ?
joyrider

Postby martinax85 on Sat May 16, 2009 11:16 am

Yes joyrider, I'd really like a system like this one, that would be really helpful for the community to find applications, utils and games :) !
martinax85

Postby SiENcE on Sat May 16, 2009 1:23 pm

I setup an svn repository for all dingoo developer who wants to use it.

The repository is available readonly for all users under:
svn://zwischenwelt.org:20684/dingoo

Dingoo Developers: Please inform me, if you a project directory. All developers become write/read access to thier projects.

Of couse, all apps should be OpenSource :-).

First app is my own implementation of the pie (pacman) emulator, with some inspirations from seagal.

Later i add an Dingoo developer Wiki and Trac.

Here is an example how Trac looks with our Iris2 project.
SiENcE

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Sat May 16, 2009 3:12 pm

"The webpage cannot be displayed"

That's what I get :(
Wiredbomb0

Postby martinax85 on Sat May 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Yep, firefox 3 cant open svn due to no file associated :| !
martinax85

Postby SiENcE on Sat May 16, 2009 5:25 pm

@Wiredbomb0: Do you know what SVN is?

SVN is no website. It's an sourcecode versioning system.

First read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_(software)

Then get an svn client: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

checkout...

Then write :-).
SiENcE

Postby kswildside on Sat May 16, 2009 6:23 pm

For one to attract more people to the Dingoo you need a bunch of applications and games. That is the whole concept behind the APP Store to attract non techies and geeks to the Dingoo. I think just the Normal features alone make a really good system the Games and APPS are like a bonus, How often for under $100 are you going to find all the features Dingoo offers in one package and at the size.

I want to make the HomeBrewers and Developers some money and make myself someone everyones time is worth something. I think the whole scene and sharing thing is noble and grand but you guys who develop these things put alot of time into them. You should be compencated for the time and effort you put into these games and apps. Plus an APP store with SDK Software would attract more HomeBrewers and Developrs like APPLE did. When the APP store first opened I think there was like 20 APPS from HomeBrewers and Developers and like 20 from APPLE. Look at it now so the thing does catch and take a life of it's own.

I mean if someone wants to share what ever they develop with the scene in demo or full format who am I to judge thats great. But they can also put that same game/app on the app store and make money from the non scene every day Joe and Jane. That way you can help the scene and also make a profit for your hard work. It's a proven concept and APP stores work I just need the developers and home brewers to be willing to jump on board.
kswildside

Next

Return to Homebrew