Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

why dont longer AV cables work on the dingoo?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

why dont longer AV cables work on the dingoo?

Postby Mikey 134 on Wed May 27, 2009 10:26 pm

what I mean is U can get the barrel AV connector then get extra AV cable and add that on the dingoo cable and that works but if you use a brand new longer non-dingoo AV cable it doesnt work? whats the specific reason for this?
Mikey 134

Re: why dont longer AV cables work on the dingoo?

Postby adamantibus on Wed May 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Here is the answer you're looking:

longer-tv-out-cord-t381.html

Basically, what you need is to add to your Dingoo cable this:

And this too:

adamantibus

Postby Mikey 134 on Wed May 27, 2009 10:54 pm

well thanks for that I have the 2 both of those but.... and yes they work fine...
but why are we FORCED to use those... why is it that a 10 foot iPod AV cable doesnt work
on the dingoo? I was hoping someone knew? like is it just AV cables in japan work but in America
we have to use the barrel connection and longer cables? I dunno seems odd to me..
to be specific why does this cable NOT work

there must be some reason because it has the same cables... only thing I can come up with is that its coz the dingoo is from china and these cables arnt ment for Chinese electronics... but I am not sureImage

why isnt this cable compatible with the dingoo and why doesnt it work?
Mikey 134

Postby ezelkow1 on Wed May 27, 2009 11:01 pm

You should try the other way around, why does the ipod force you to use non-standard av cables and the dingoo doesnt. I used it with my myvu glasses using the av out cable made for standard camcorders and it works fine. However with the ipod you have to purchase a non-standard av/out cable to be able to use it with the glasses.
ezelkow1

Postby Mikey 134 on Wed May 27, 2009 11:04 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:You should try the other way around, why does the ipod force you to use non-standard av cables and the dingoo doesnt. I used it with my myvu glasses using the av out cable made for standard camcorders and it works fine. However with the ipod you have to purchase a non-standard av/out cable to be able to use it with the glasses.

ohhhhhh... lol... I never thought of it in that way... ok you've actually helped me out alot now I know standard camcorder AV cable
Mikey 134

Postby ezelkow1 on Wed May 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Ill check and make sure when I get home, but Im pretty sure it was that one. It came with 3, one that had the usual rca outputs, one that was for zune and a few other devices and looked like a standard camcorder one, and one that was for nokia and archos type, and Im pretty sure the zune one worked. It looked to be the same on both ends though. Just to be safe Id stick with just using a gender adapter like the ones above though.
ezelkow1

Postby strider_mt2k on Thu May 28, 2009 1:11 am

Longer cables don't work because they aren't wired for the Dingoo A320.
The company wired it that way because that's how they wanted it OR they got a great deal on those cables.

That's how this stuff goes.
strider_mt2k

Postby Mikey 134 on Thu May 28, 2009 3:16 am

strider_mt2k wrote:Longer cables don't work because they aren't wired for the Dingoo A320.
The company wired it that way because that's how they wanted it OR they got a great deal on those cables.

that actually makes sense too its prolly the latter coz due to its pricing its prolly coz they got some great deal lol
Mikey 134

Postby strider_mt2k on Thu May 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Mikey 134 wrote:
strider_mt2k wrote:Longer cables don't work because they aren't wired for the Dingoo A320.

that actually makes sense too its prolly the latter coz due to its pricing its prolly coz they got some great deal lol

Same thing with the Mini SD slot.
Lots of Chinese PMP stuff uses MINI SD, probably because it's not popular and the slot hardware is no doubt VERY cheap to purchase and use in a product.

Sure it's on US to find the stupid adapters, but our A-320s are less expensive to buy because of it.
strider_mt2k

Postby knk on Thu May 28, 2009 2:57 pm

wait so other cables don't work? Ipods use standard A/V cables....However i do recall a few of the cables being switched around. Regardless it was standard. Is this not just a 3ring av out 3.5mm?
knk

Next

Return to A320 hardware