Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

why dont longer AV cables work on the dingoo?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: why dont longer AV cables work on the dingoo?

Postby Mikey 134 on Thu May 28, 2009 6:44 pm

I bought a ipod AV cable and it DIDNT work...
Mikey 134

Postby knk on Fri May 29, 2009 3:52 am

try not using the yellow for video, try the other two cables. As i said from memory they are wired up a bit differently. =]
knk

Postby iliyan on Fri May 29, 2009 9:24 am

I'm using Hama 43149 which is 5m long and so far I haven't had problems
iliyan

Postby knk on Fri May 29, 2009 12:32 pm

thats an extension cable, its not really what im getting at. I dont see how these other cables wouldnt work.
knk

Postby strider_mt2k on Sat May 30, 2009 12:09 pm

knk wrote:thats an extension cable, its not really what im getting at. I dont see how these other cables wouldnt work.

It's very simple: There are different ways to wire that connector. Different companies use different wiring specifically to get you to buy THEIR cables for the products they sell.
As a result there are cables that LOOK the same, but function differently.

There is no "standard" for this particular connector, only what happens to be used by a majority of manufacturers.

Those cables that do not work will not work because they aren't wired correctly for use with the Dingoo A-320.
strider_mt2k

Postby knk on Sun May 31, 2009 9:35 am

yeah but what i meant was. The different ways of wiring it....are pretty simple. Its a 3ring 3.5mm connector. It carries 3 wires, each of these wires go to different sockets on the tv. What other differences in wiring are possible? aside from having the audio go to a diff cable etc. Anyhow i should get mine in a few days so ill try a few on it. If you do happen to have some other cables, do ease my curiosity....try each audio cable in the yellow video socket.

cheers.

by the way strider, i'd appreciate it if you didnt talk to me like im an idiot. I have a valid point. If you could give some specifics on how you can wire that socket differently id really like to know.
knk

Postby Yongary on Sun May 31, 2009 11:42 pm

Chinese MP4 players have weird jacks--I had Sunplus-based player called a GameKing III that required that the cable be pulled ever-so-slightly out of the jack in order for the TV-out to work.

Anyway, I tested my Dingoo with two different alternate cables. The first was a 10-foot long one I got from Radio Shack for my camcorder. It didn't work. The second was from Dealextreme (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10633) and worked perfectly. Unfortunately, It's even shorter than the included cable, but fits much more snugly in the jack. Luckily, I had barrel connectors to attach it to a longer RCA cables.

The moral of this story, I guess, is that you have to use Chinese cables for a Chinese MP4 player. :ugeek:
Yongary

Postby Mikey 134 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:44 pm

some Japanese or Chinese site must sell longer cables for the dingoo
Mikey 134

Postby strider_mt2k on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:46 pm

knk wrote:...by the way strider, i'd appreciate it if you didnt talk to me like im an idiot. I have a valid point. If you could give some specifics on how you can wire that socket differently id really like to know.

I was simply trying to put the reality of the situation in the simplest terms I knew how.

If you don't get it then you obviously require more study on the subject of Audio/Video cabling as it's handled by the electronics industry.

Good luck to you and good day sir.
strider_mt2k

Postby emusan on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 pm

strider_mt2k wrote:
knk wrote:...by the way strider, i'd appreciate it if you didnt talk to me like im an idiot. I have a valid point. If you could give some specifics on how you can wire that socket differently id really like to know.

I was simply trying to put the reality of the situation in the simplest terms I knew how.

If you don't get it then you obviously require more study on the subject of Audio/Video cabling as it's handled by the electronics industry.

Good luck to you and good day sir.

knk has a valid point here, and maybe you need to study more, or at least try to understand what he is saying. What knk is saying is that some companies connect the TV cords to different parts of the 3.5mm jack, so that is why some cables wont work and others will, because your sending audio to different parts. I'll make a nice ASCII pic for you.
Code: Select all
dingoo jack                             +---------------------------------------------------------[__video__]
--[________]----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------[________] L-Speaker
                                        +---------------------------------------------------------[________] R- Speaker

thats how it looks on the Dingoo, pretend that the top jack(video) is connected to the top metal piece of the Dingoo jack(each piece of metal is separated by a piece of plastic), pretend that the L-Speaker is the second piece of metal, and R- Speaker is third. Fourth(in this case) would be ground.

now for another possibility:

Code: Select all

dingoo jack                             +---------------------------------------------------------[_L-Speaker_]
--[________]----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------[________] Video
                                        +---------------------------------------------------------[________] R- Speaker

this could be any third party jack, they just changed around which piece of metal goes to which TV connector.

I hope this helps you understand the validity of knk's point, remember that the video signal is a standard, so that would be the same, just on a different jack. If you need more help I can try to explain it better.

The only fault in knk's idea is that the ground pin might be different, in which case you could get only 2 signals(if any) out of it, but I don't think they would switch up ground.
emusan

Previous

Return to A320 hardware