Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Longer TV Out Cord

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Longer TV Out Cord

Postby adamantibus on Sun May 17, 2009 5:47 am

Hi there;

Since the Dingoo cord is kinda short, I've been trying to get myself a tv-out cord longer than the one that comes with the device in order to play comfortably from my sofa. I've tried up to three different av/composite cords and none of them work: i get no signal at all or just a blurry, static image for a second or so.

Is there a special type of cord required or what?

These are the ones i've tried:
adamantibus

Re: Longer TV Out Cord

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Sun May 17, 2009 9:02 am

I have no idea about the TV OUT function, but I would guess that you wouldn't need anything fancy for it too work.
Wiredbomb0

Postby iliyan on Sun May 17, 2009 9:13 am

I've bought 5m long Hama 43149 extension cable which gives me a very comfortable experience with Dingoo and every other device that uses this type of tv-out connection :P
It's just an extension cable so it will not have problems with any TV.
The extension cable connects to the Dingoo's tv-out cable from one side and to the TV from the other.
iliyan

Postby Anemos on Sun May 17, 2009 9:15 am

Hi. you can test 1m extension RCA cable (red-white-yellow) male to female,but any longer cable is no good for signal ,because grows the ohmic resistance.
Anemos

Postby iliyan on Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 am

Anemos wrote:Hi. you can test 1m extension RCA cable (red-white-yellow) male to female,but any longer cable is no good for signal ,because grows the ohmic resistance.

You are right, the longer the cable, the lower the singnal. Stil I have no probs with the 5m one on the 2 TVs I've tested :P
iliyan

Postby Anemos on Sun May 17, 2009 9:31 am

its has important and the cable quality
Anemos

Postby adamantibus on Sun May 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Illyan, do you know any online store (shipping to Spain) where i can get one of those cables you mention? Thanks.
adamantibus

Postby iliyan on Sun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm

adamantibus wrote:Illyan, do you know any online store (shipping to Spain) where i can get one of those cables you mention? Thanks.

Hi!
Unfortunately I couldn't speak spanish but if I wanted to buy it online I could do a google search for "Hama 43149" (without the quotes) and then select to see only results in spanish to find a local online store for the item.
The other way is to search on ebay and when you find it check if the seller ships to Spain (you can ask him there).
Try google searching for "extension RCA cable 3 male 3 female" too and see what it gives (write your serch in spanish to see spanish results too)
Hope this helps a little. :)
iliyan

Postby JeKel on Sun May 17, 2009 8:19 pm

I just use the cable that comes with the Dingoo + a longer normal A/V cable and connect them via 3 double ended female jacks (commonly called RCA barrel connectors). It works great for me!
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 am

JeKel wrote:I just use the cable that comes with the Dingoo + a longer normal A/V cable and connect them via 3 double ended female jacks (commonly called RCA barrel connectors). It works great for me!
-JeKel

That's the best thing to do. Simply to setup, and doesn't require you to get an entire new cable.
Wiredbomb0

Next

Return to A320 hardware