Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

STEP BY STEP DINGOO LINUX INSTALLATION VIDEO

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: STEP BY STEP DINGOO LINUX INSTALLATION VIDEO

Postby Haas on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:18 pm

load 0x080600000 zImage_dual_boot_installter_ILI9331 0 (PLEASE USE YOUR LCD CONTROLLER ID WHERE IT SAYS ILI9331)
should be:
load 0x80600000 zImage_dual_boot_installer_ILI9331 0 (PLEASE USE YOUR LCD CONTROLLER ID WHERE IT SAYS ILI9331)
Haas

Postby CUPC4KES on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:10 am

z_man3007 wrote:
CUPC4KES wrote:many thanks for the guide, very helpful, but now i have linux installed i think i have a problem, i boot up linux, i get the dmenu gui, but when select anything, like snes emulator i get a black screen with code on then it just flicks back to the dmenu. anything i select apart from reboot has the same effect, any help would be appreciated.

The reason is because you don't have dmenu configured. You have to configure your dmenu configuration file which has the instructions of which program is where, for instance, by default dmenu doesn't know where is your snes emulator and where is your MAME and roms. So, you have to point them inside the dmenu configuration file.

Yeah sorry, I got a bit over ambitious once I had snes9x on my minisd and didn't watch the guide just after that where you config the dmenu, many thanks, awsome videos z man, wouldn't of installed the dual boot without them, super mario world I think is a good example of how good snes9x compared to the built in emu but my only problem is no save states. Am I missing something or is this not possible yet?
CUPC4KES

Postby Hellsing1 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Got it all working but Doom doesn't work.

Tried some Mame games: Ghost and Goblins plays perfect. Gorf is cropped top and bottom.

Tried F-Zero for SNES and it was terrible. Hope others are better. Will try more later.
Hellsing1

Postby Haas on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Hellsing1 wrote:Got it all working but Doom doesn't work.

Tried some Mame games: Ghost and Goblins plays perfect. Gorf is cropped top and bottom.

Tried F-Zero for SNES and it was terrible. Hope others are better. Will try more later.

Posted the same problem in the other thread.
Haas

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks