Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

STEP BY STEP DINGOO LINUX INSTALLATION VIDEO

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: STEP BY STEP DINGOO LINUX INSTALLATION VIDEO

Postby Sombra on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Hey z_man, great work. I wonder if you can help me with a problem.

I am trying to get dingux going on my A320 but I can't seem to load another USB driver. I am trying to follow your video tutorials and in them you state you need to uninstall the existing driver (chinachip for me) and load up the new usb driver. I uninstall the current chinachip driver, unplug my dingoo, power it off, press and hold "b" while reconnecting the mini USB cable. Apparantly a "found new hardware" window is supposed to pop up and I should be able to specify the location on my new USB driver, but I never get that pop-up window. If I power up the dingoo and plug it in it automatically loads the chinachip driver. I run Vista by the way.

Any help would be great.
Sombra

Postby Link on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 am

Find a friend with XP and start again.

Zman stated he was using XP as well. Vista sucks.
Link

Postby Sombra on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:11 am

It must be possible with Vista. Anyone have experience doing this with Vista? Interestingly enough, I tried loading the USB driver using linux and had no luck either. I believe I am just not doing something properly.
Sombra

Postby jordanvachon on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:43 am

haha stuck at first video! , i dont get the light on mty dingoo and the usbboot.exe stop after the third line , help . thx : D
jordanvachon

Postby Link on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:33 am

@ Sombra

Maybe you missed the part of the video where ZMan had issues w/ USB recognition using Ubuntu. Kinda scares me from the whole experience personally. The fact you are adamant on using Vista astounds me. Vista sucks!

Look forward to seeing someone point you in the right direction.

Good luck!
Link

Postby Sombra on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:39 am

I have had zero issues with vista for the 1.5 years I've been using it.
Sombra

Postby Link on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:03 am

until now
Link

Postby kamiyay on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:05 am

Hey now! Vista is pretty awesome when you turn off UAC.
kamiyay

Postby CUPC4KES on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:18 pm

many thanks for the guide, very helpful, but now i have linux installed i think i have a problem, i boot up linux, i get the dmenu gui, but when select anything, like snes emulator i get a black screen with code on then it just flicks back to the dmenu. anything i select apart from reboot has the same effect, any help would be appreciated.
CUPC4KES

Postby z_man3007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:34 am

CUPC4KES wrote:many thanks for the guide, very helpful, but now i have linux installed i think i have a problem, i boot up linux, i get the dmenu gui, but when select anything, like snes emulator i get a black screen with code on then it just flicks back to the dmenu. anything i select apart from reboot has the same effect, any help would be appreciated.

The reason is because you don't have dmenu configured. You have to configure your dmenu configuration file which has the instructions of which program is where, for instance, by default dmenu doesn't know where is your snes emulator and where is your MAME and roms. So, you have to point them inside the dmenu configuration file.
z_man3007

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks