Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[EMULATOR] SmsGGOO version 2.0

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SmsGGOO version 2.0

Postby nine10 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks a lot men

Long live the a320 !
nine10

Postby wraggster on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:21 pm

another great release for the Dingoo scene

(i also much prefer the native emulators ;))

thanks Alekmaul
wraggster

Postby Wren on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:35 pm

First I want to say thanks for making this and the Colecovision emulator. Both of them seem to work pretty well when they work.

That brings me to the issue. I am able to play games with both this and the Colecovision emulator, however, if I exit and choose a different game, it locks up and I have to do a reset. Since I have no problems with the other emulators, I have to assume that this is a bug.

It's not a real big deal since I don't generally play multiple games in one go, but I thought you should know about it. Good work so far and I hope to see more from you in the future.
Wren

Postby Hellsing1 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi

Have you updated to the most current firmware 1.1 (I have no problems with exiting etc)
Hellsing1

Postby Wren on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Yes, my Dingoo came with the v1.1 firmware. It's a black model with the 9331 LCD.

That's odd though. None of the other emulators or apps seem to have problems. The only other issue I have run into is the Dingux boot loader refuses to install for me. I'm beginning to suspect I might not have all of the required files and/or directories on this thing.

Would you mind providing me with a recursive list of all of the files and directories that you have on your Dingoo so I can check it against mine?
Wren

Postby Battlepriest on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Incidentally, I have the same problem that Wren has. This applies to both version 1 and 2 of SmsGGOO as well as to Colecoo. I can play one game without problem, but if I exit, I am unable to launch another SMS game. I can play another type of emulated game (NES, MD, etc) after without a problem, but the moment I try to load another SMS game, the dingoo locks up. I'm also using screen 9331 and firmware 1.1. My firmware is modded to dualboot Dingux, though, so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Other than that, I have to say version 2 of SMS is amazing, sound and speed seem dead on. When Colecoo is updated to the non-sdk version, I will be in heaven. :)
Battlepriest

Postby thebb on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Your emulator does a solid job with SMS games, Alekmaul, excellent work. One game that really proves it is "Teddy Boy." Yours is the first emulator where you can actually see the shots coming out of the wand,

Regarding Game Gear, I have a lot of Game Gear roms with the extension .gg, but your emulator doesn't recognize them. Do I need to rename them with a .sms extension? Thanks.
thebb

Postby alekmaul on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi thebb,
yes, you have to rename .gg with .sms because dingoo can handle only one file extension for one program.
To avoid this pb, the best way will be to have two smsggoo with only this different, i think it's a little stupid to waste space on dingoo with two emulators, but if the community wants two emulators, one for sms and one for gg, i can do that.
Just make a poll to ask the question :P !
alekmaul

Postby espontaneo on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Well it's not a massive file so I don't see the harm in having 2 different emus - it would also save having to choose which type of rom with each game.

I really would suggest that you give the option to scale up the game gear's screen - I know it's not going to look great but right now, it's like stamp on the screen.
espontaneo

Postby Harteex on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:39 pm

I too would prefer to have two different executables, which allowed both extensions. The size of the file is so small anyway.
Harteex

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases