Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

request - Last.fm support?

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

request - Last.fm support?

Postby L[one]R on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:16 am

for those who don't know:
Last.fm is a site, which keeps track of what music you listen, and based on that it creates a detailed statistic of your tracks and music tastes. You can view the statistic on your account and later use it to find more music that suits your tastes. (here's mine as an example: http://www.last.fm/user/-LoneR- ).

Last.fm client and even some 3rd party apps already have iPod support (it allows users to send info about tracks listened on an iPod). I would like to request a similar app for Dingoo a320. Hopefully I'm not the only Last.fm user here. ;O
Need a life. Looking for donors.
L[one]R

Re: request - Last.fm support?

Postby gibberoids on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:52 am

but the dingoo has no connectivity to the internet?
gibberoids

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:31 am

gibberoids wrote:but the dingoo has no connectivity to the internet?
Wiredbomb0

Postby Haas on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:07 pm

I guess he wants to sync it true usb.
Haas

Postby schanall on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:11 pm

But the main purpose of last.fm is to scrobble the songs while you listen to them. So others can listen to them later. I think it's not allowed to upload them? Not sure, but I think you must be an artist and upload your stuff. Not from someone else...
schanall

Postby L[one]R on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Wiredbomb0 wrote:
gibberoids wrote:but the dingoo has no connectivity to the internet?

iPod doesn't have either. It somehow caches the songs, and when connected to the computer - Last.fm client (or whatever other program you're usign for that) reads that cached information on your ipod and sends it to the site.

schanall wrote:But the main purpose of last.fm is to scrobble the songs while you listen to them. So others can listen to them later. I think it's not allowed to upload them? Not sure, but I think you must be an artist and upload your stuff. Not from someone else...

That's right, only artists are allowed to upload music. But as you said, the main purpose of last.fm is to scrobble the songs.
Need a life. Looking for donors.
L[one]R

Postby espontaneo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Jebus H Christmas!

This is the daftest request yet.

I cannot see what the point of this would be vs the amount of work it would take to do it.
espontaneo

Postby tafsen on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:46 pm

@espontaneo: Could you please explain the purpose of your last reply?

L[one]R: I think it's good request. I also uses last.fm and it shouldn't be to hard to include it on Dingux.
tafsen

Postby darfgarf on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 pm

just a small question: do the guys that want the support know how to program well?

isn't lastfm a closed system? or do they have some sort of api available for people to write their own interfaces and programs to work with it?
darfgarf

Postby espontaneo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 pm

There is an API,

My point is this - as far as i can see when you plug your ipod or whatever in the software inferface does the scrobbling - not the device itself, all that does it collect the scrobbling data.

So you would probably have to have some kind of interface on the windows/linux/mac machine - the dingoo native or dingux media player would have to collect the scrobbling data. When you plug it in the interface recognises the dingoo and uploads the scrobbling file to last.fm. Either that or it is uploaded by dingux via it's usb network connection.

Probably not all that complicated really for a programmer but still a lot of work for someone for all 4 people that "scrobble"
espontaneo

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks