Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mp3 scan on every boot

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mp3 scan on every boot

Postby MeneerJansen on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:57 pm

I use firmware 1.11 (mine came out of the box w/ it). And it is very irritating that the Dingoo updates its music library every time the USB cable is unplugged. Anybody found a hack/solution for this yet? :?:
MeneerJansen

Postby Chris23235 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 pm

I don't find it irritating, with the update, the Dingoo is capable of providing me with an actual playlist for artists/songs/albums. I think this is a fine feature.
Chris23235

Postby carlito on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:28 pm

it's a good feature for people who use the dingoo as media player. It is not for people who use it as gaming device. I would like to be able to turn it off as well.
carlito

Postby Derk on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:23 am

Have you tried cutting down the number of songs you have on the internal and sd? I have found that on my dingoo I have to keep the total below 1300 music files or it start acting crazy. It will load the songs extremely slow and freeze up, also the track names will not line up with the correct track. The Jukebox searches both the internal memory and the sd so first try removing enough files to get below 1300 and try it.

Also when you remove the device from the computer you need to use safely remove hardware or else things can get messed up in the jukebox. Other than that I don't know what could be going on.
Derk

Postby Haas on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am

If you put all your music on the SD card and none on your internal memory you can just remove the sd card before disconnecting?
Haas

Postby Billinmich on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:50 am

Mine does it every time i unplug from USB and it adds these stupid wav files that are associated with some games from DinguX. I just love going thru the playlist on the old OS and seeing this.
Yes i still mess with the old OS, some things still run better on it.

If there is a fix it would be nice to know.
Billinmich

Postby MeneerJansen on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:42 pm

I found some sort of workaround. Before I plug out my Dingoo I press the off slider. When its rebooting I plug out the Dingoo. This prevents it from updating its database. However, this does not solve that other irritating problem mentioned above: the game wav files that are added to Dingoo's music data base (DB). We should be able to edit the DB, or be able to exclude certain folders. I use the original OS often too, because Dingux cannot (yet?) mount the internal memory.
MeneerJansen

Postby Haas on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Booboo can see the boot parmeters so he must know what it trigger and how to stop it.
so maybe we could edit the hxf editor to edit and modify the boot parameters.
I already checked the HXF file but can't find anything that would be it. But i can't read half of it.
Haas

Postby L[one]R on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm

MeneerJansen wrote:I found some sort of workaround. Before I plug out my Dingoo I press the off slider. When its rebooting I plug out the Dingoo. This prevents it from updating its database. However, this does not solve that other irritating problem mentioned above: the game wav files that are added to Dingoo's music data base (DB). We should be able to edit the DB, or be able to exclude certain folders. I use the original OS often too, because Dingux cannot (yet?) mount the internal memory.

Actually, new Dingux frontend (DinguXMB) allows you to access both internal and external memory. However the frontend itself is still work-in-progress and some apps (Such as Snex9x) currently aren't working.
Hopefully someone will make a music player that has advanced music DB settings. GMUplayer, unfortunately is lacking in some features which only native music player has (sorting by album/artist/title, equaliser, lots of other audio enhancing effects).
Need a life. Looking for donors.
L[one]R

Postby eule on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

What, really? Never heard of that, but it would be awesome! I thought the internal memory couldn´t even be mounted in Dingux.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks