Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ingenic-mplayer now considered as beta!

Only for posting new Dingux software releases.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ingenic-mplayer now considered as beta!

Postby joyrider on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 pm

hey lordbla, i was already able to compile the mplayer sources from ingenics, i tried removing the ipu stuff, but failed couldn't get it to work then. (the mxu_as was a pain to find not to mention it wanted gawk and not awk ;) )

btw onscreen console thing can be overcome by using the openvt command like this :
openvt -c2 -sw ./mplayer -vo fbdev etc....

you'll be able to to control mplayer in fbdev driver then, as well as not have console interferences.

(thanks to mth for the command btw, because i didn't know about it).

You think it would be possible to remove the IPU stuff somehow ? (like not using /proc/jz/...) ?
joyrider

Postby batman52 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:20 am

Why whould you want to remove the ipu stuff joyrider?
You couldn't do anything about video in that case!
If you don't want the ipu related code, just compile a standard mplayer ( I know you already did ;-) ).
I know it's a pain in the ass, but if you want to play smoothy your videos you've got to accept that you have to stick with it.

Instead it would be very useful to understand the inner workings of that weird primitives included in jz_mxu.h, since they could be useful to improve performances of (some) emus (aka scaling and color transformation functions). The interesting thing is that they should work both on dingux (with the "right" kernel, of course ) and on the native os.

BTW: thanks for the tip about openvt!
batman52

Postby ezelkow1 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 pm

batman, the ipu memory is not currently enabled in the kernel and so its not accessible. The patches from ingenic do more than just utilize the ipu, thats why its still worthwhile to compile the ingenic version over the official sources, as has been seen already with the previously compiled ingenics versions.

The one thing to try would be to grab the latest dingoo kernel patch from the buildroot posting on google code and hack that up to re-enable the ipu and give it a shot with that enabled.
ezelkow1

Postby vimrc on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 pm

joyrider wrote:hey lordbla, i was already able to compile the mplayer sources from ingenics, i tried removing the ipu stuff, but failed couldn't get it to work then. (the mxu_as was a pain to find not to mention it wanted gawk and not awk ;) )

btw onscreen console thing can be overcome by using the openvt command like this :
openvt -c2 -sw ./mplayer -vo fbdev etc....

you'll be able to to control mplayer in fbdev driver then, as well as not have console interferences.

(thanks to mth for the command btw, because i didn't know about it).

You think it would be possible to remove the IPU stuff somehow ? (like not using /proc/jz/...) ?

openvt is a quite useful command, but if you use dmenu, after quit the Mplayer, it will freeze...
As an alternative way, I use ./mplayer -really-quiet to prevent the problem.
vimrc

Previous

Return to Dingux Releases