Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ingenic-mplayer now considered as beta!

Only for posting new Dingux software releases.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ingenic-mplayer early alphabuild

Postby lordbla on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi!

I'm just watching the first movie with mplayer :)
It seems to run VERY smoothly :D
For some reson, I must have messed up sound in my kernel, will have a look at that later.
lordbla

Postby ezelkow1 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:50 pm

So you managed to get a kernel going with IPU re-enabled and it all worked? Pretty sweet, I wonder if the sound is still a kernel issue since the original ingenic patches had pretty crappy sound implemented. It may be worthwhile to try one of the other sound renderers and see if you get better sound with those. I also think that with the OSS there is only one sample rate that works well, either 44.1 or 48, cant remember which, so it may be worthwhile to try some combinations and see if you get better performance tweaking those.
ezelkow1

Postby lordbla on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Here are the kernel-builds for both lcd-models, the executables and some config-files.
http://rapidshare.de/files/48269120/mpl ... ar.gz.html

I can't tell much about the performance, since I only have a class2-sdcard and the kernel is still reading in 1-bit mode, but it seems to be quite comparable to the native video-player or even better.

edit: the config-files will hide the osd, since else it's blinking all the time once triggered.
Last edited by lordbla on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lordbla

Postby Haas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:32 pm

I added the rapidshare link to your first post the original download site looked a bit creepy to me. Protecting the ie users :P
Haas

Postby lordbla on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:39 pm

thx, haas.

Btw: sound works, it was just a mistake in a config file that caused the problem.
lordbla

Postby eder182 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:27 pm

work with subtitle (.SRT) ?

Thanks man!
eder182

Postby lordbla on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:24 pm

eder182:

Didn't test subtitles, yet, but I guess it won't work well because of the same reasons, I had to deactivate osd. Fixing this is probably only a matter of time and then it should have subtitle-support.

A cool feature it has is switching audio-channels, something I was very much missing from the native player.
lordbla

Postby lordbla on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:11 pm

The really odd thing about the ingenic version is that I can't use any cflags for optimizing with gcc. Out of curiosity, I've compiled a svn-version of native mplayer with some flags I found on a discussion in the angstrom-mailinglists. What can I say? The ingenic version is a hell of a lot better, just as one would assume, but it still has some flaws compared to the native media-player.

So, everyone interested in a good and feature-rich media-player for dingux should have a look here:
http://howto.wikia.com/wiki/Howto_configure_MPlayer
and try around with the runtime-options. I really think there is a lot to gain in that field.
lordbla

Postby vimrc on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Great work! I just tried two video files, one is avi and the other is rmvb file. The avi files works well, but the rmvb file will crash the mplayer because of cache error...
vimrc

Postby vimrc on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Ingenic released the latest source of mplayer just now, hope it has several improvement.

ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/3sw/01linux/05apps ... 03.tar.bz2
vimrc

PreviousNext

Return to Dingux Releases