Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Frontier: Elite 2 for Dingux 0.1Alpha **UPDATED**

Only for posting new Dingux software releases.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Frontier: Elite 2 for Dingux 0.1Alpha **UPDATED**

Postby Haas on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:52 pm

A short explanation about the topic moving:
I move every release into the release forum, I know not all are real releases, but alpha or beta's. But some beta's won't get updated and get lost in the mess of other topic's. To prevent any loss of any releases, it doesn't mind how alpha beta or pre-beta it is. It goes in the release forum :) There is still a ghost topic in the homebrew forum so nobody is having a WTF where is that topic "moment" :P
Hope you don't mind the moving actions if you have any feedback please say so! (except grammar ;) )
Haas

Postby geleka on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 pm

My small contributions: the icons, like Toddler and Hellsing icons. Im not great at PS or Gimp, so I did a quick'n'dirty conversion.

mrLogan, VERY THANKS ! I brought my Dingoo to play Star Control II (for the very first time in my life) and now, I can play Elite! Thank you so much!
Attachments
frontier.png
frontier.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 325 times
frontier.png
frontier.png (7.54 KiB) Viewed 326 times
geleka

Postby mrLogan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:34 pm

zear wrote:Can you use the powerslide + d-pad controls?
If so, the 3rd mode could be mapped to them.
The 3rd mode has also some other uses like rotating the exterior camera, scrolling through the message board. I think it could be really handy to have it mapped as powerslide + d-pad
If that's not possible.. could we have at least some extra buttons mapped in the 3rd mode? Like changing the camera, or engine on/off.

Doesn't holding down the powerslide for longer than a few seconds power off the dingoo? It does on mine.

Extra buttons on the 3rd control sounds like a good idea. I'll see what I can do.
mrLogan

Postby Hellsing1 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi

Done a frontier icon if anyone is interested.

Looks better when downloaded.
Hellsing1

Postby spn-x on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:16 pm

thx for the icons !!!
spn-x

Postby zear on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 pm

I recorded a short gameplay video:

Link

Hope you enjoy ;)
zear

Re: Frontier: Elite 2 for Dingux 0.1Alpha

Postby Kronus_Arm on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:03 am

Atrushan wrote:Wow, thanks! Best space strategy game since Star Wars! Keep Working and Rocking On it! you have the community's support!

:D

Star Wars? It's better than that! Whoohoo!

:lol:
Kronus_Arm

Postby espontaneo on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:21 am

Firstly this is great! I've been hoping for frontier.

Problem is though, I get booted by the copy protection...

When you visit a starport a cop speaks to you - you have to be able the press "p" to answer him. I can't do this.

After visiting a couple of starports I get the "your flying a stolen starship" screen and booted back to the title.
espontaneo

Postby zear on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Another problem is that if you shoot, your d-pad stops being detected as pressed. You have to press the direction key again.
Or in other words, if I fly up, then fire, I stop flying up. I have to press up key again. It makes all the battles annoying, if not impossible to win.

Your problem espontaneo could be easily fixed by mapping "p" to some dingoo key.
It isn't used in any other game dialog, so it won't interfere in any other part of the game. I think that's how it's solved in GP2X version of the game.
zear

Postby demoncleaner on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Installation
============
Just copy across the folder and make a menu entry or shortcut to "frontier"

I put a new folder called Frontier to my games folder in dingux, but how do I make the shortcut or menu entry?
demoncleaner

PreviousNext

Return to Dingux Releases