Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Firmware Upgrade - Pre Overclock and New Video Codecs

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Firmware Upgrade - Pre Overclock and New Video Codecs

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:46 am

I just wanted to know, if the dingoo was originally set to 400mhz, and we underclock it to 200mhz, would the battery life double?
Wiredbomb0

Postby JeKel on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:12 am

Don't think the ratio works that way. You'd probably get slightly decreased battery life, but from what I hear people are doing max overclock and still getting like 6 hours if I'm not mistaken. So it doesn't seem to affect battery life too much. It was probably underclocked mainly to protect the processor from being overworked (overheated?)... and a slightly increased battery life. Just my guess.
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby so9 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:00 pm

hi

are you sure it's an improved firmware?
nothing changes on my dingoo and a full bytewise compare with the official files shows no differences.
only the gamefiles are removed.

btw. this is my custom firmware

http://www.filehoster.ru/files/cq4191

- changed a few default settings (language to english etc.)
- added support for td2-mod
- changed bootscreen
- corrected a few typos
- added codecs from gemei 760p (no improvement for me but who knows)

install it like
[url]http://dingoo-digital.com/downloads/firmwares/custom-firmware-update-a320-103td-2 Dingoo Digital
[/url]
but use my hxf-file instead

bye

so9
so9

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:45 am

On the overclocking topic, would it be possible (via a firmware update or something), could the processer be overclocked to 460mhz, or is there a limit that the processors maximum is 430mhz?
Wiredbomb0

Postby Bingo83 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:58 pm

I am sure just like anything there will be a limit in what you could force the chip to go upto. Like with PC overclocking not every chip will give the same results some will overclock a fair bit others not at all. It all depends on how far you want to push it and still remain stable enough to game on. The overclock will become less important once the emulators are optimised to run on the Dingoo correctly so I wouldnt want to OC the dingoo to a dangerous level with little or no gain in the long term and the possibility of permanent damage.
Bingo83

Postby jasha on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:04 pm

I was going to install the OC stuff, but after getting my hands on it, I dont think it is necessary at the moment, and certainly shouldnt be once the emu's have been optimised properly. I guess it will may be of use with Mame and any newer stuff that gets ported over. I'm happy with the performance for now.
jasha

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Fri May 01, 2009 7:16 am

Bingo83 wrote:I am sure just like anything there will be a limit in what you could force the chip to go upto. Like with PC overclocking not every chip will give the same results some will overclock a fair bit others not at all. It all depends on how far you want to push it and still remain stable enough to game on. The overclock will become less important once the emulators are optimised to run on the Dingoo correctly so I wouldnt want to OC the dingoo to a dangerous level with little or no gain in the long term and the possibility of permanent damage.

Yeah, that's fair enough.
Wiredbomb0

Postby dollarhorror on Fri May 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Can somebody please confirm if you can install this pre-overclocked firmware and still use the TV Out function?

Also, all I have to do it copy the file to Dingoo, disconnect and restart while holding down?
dollarhorror

Postby muriani on Fri May 22, 2009 4:25 pm

I use the pre-overclocked firmware, and TV-out works very well. I played Sonic The Hedghog 2 through the TV out, and it doesn't have the "scanline" glitches on the TV like it does on the internal screen.
muriani

Postby L[one]R on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Is it possible to combine this FWare with the custom one? Updated codecs and better perfomance are great improvements, but I'd also like to have the ability to change themes, as well as a better translation of english menus.
Can't we just update the codecs themselves instead of using a whole different firmware?
Need a life. Looking for donors.
L[one]R

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks