Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Firmware Upgrade - Pre Overclock and New Video Codecs

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Firmware Upgrade - Pre Overclock and New Video Codecs

Postby Bingo83 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Another firmware hack from our friends on the Chinese A320 forums :)

This one is based on the offical 1.03 firmware with the main changes being it comes preoverclocked at 385hz and they have also updated the video codecs (real.dl and videos.dl). They have also altered the text on the MP3 player to make it a bit bolder and easier to read.

I dont really use my Dingoo for watching movies but playback certainly seems a bit smoother. Maybe someone who watches a bit on the Dingoo would be able to offer some proper feedback :) ** edit ** just watched an episode of Fringe on it and didnt notice any buffering.

You can try it for yourself HERE

If you do try it, be sure and leave your feedback in this thread.

Thanks
Bingo83

Re: Firmware Upgrade - Pre Overclock and New Video Codecs

Postby jp1 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:12 pm

This looks to be from March. Would you mind linking to the actual forum so We can see what was written about it?
jp1

Postby ionmyke on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:10 pm

I know it's been covered, my bad, but how was I supposed to install this? I just dragged it into the main directory, and said yes to overwrite, then rebooted it.. seems to work fine, but I don't really notice any difference.
ionmyke

Postby jp1 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:18 pm

I always install the firmware with the recovery tool. This erases everything that is currently on it, so be sure to back it all up first. If there is another method I'm unaware of it.

I'd also like to note that there was a firmware that supposedly had upgraded video codecs but they turned out to be the same ones in the original firmware. I don't know if that is the case here though.
jp1

Postby ionmyke on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Yeah, I wasn't sure, but had all my stuff backed up so said F it... the hxf file seems to be replaced (the file size is smaller), and upon messing with it a little more some games do seem to play faster without running the overclock app.
ionmyke

Postby Bingo83 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:18 pm

ionmyke wrote:I know it's been covered, my bad, but how was I supposed to install this? I just dragged it into the main directory, and said yes to overwrite, then rebooted it.. seems to work fine, but I don't really notice any difference.

Copy it onto your Dingoo. Switch off, then switch back on whilst holding DOWN on the D-Pad to start the update process.

Remember this isnt an official firmware, its been amended to offer Overclock as standard and has the two new video codecs patched into it.

Its the version I currently have running on my Dingoo.
Bingo83

Postby ionmyke on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Thank you kind sir, got it working.
ionmyke

Postby Yongary on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 am

Do the "Updated Video Codecs" allow compatability with more recent versions of Flash? Almost none of the FLVs and SWFs that I've downloaded have worked due to the Dingoo not supporting anything above Flash 7.
Yongary

Postby jp1 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:28 am

Link for original page translated to english (sort of)

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 3Ftid%3D84
jp1

Postby JeKel on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:17 am

Using this firmware now and seems to make an improvement. I like that I don't have to keep activating it every time I boot on. I like that it doesn't overclock so close to the edge of the processor's ability but leaves a little breathing room :) I was expecting it to wipe out my memory so I backed everything up, but after running the update, all my files were there! :D I just had to switch the language from Chinese to English.
-JeKel
JeKel

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks