Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingux.com Done! Booboo Linux

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dingux.com Done! Booboo Linux

Postby flaviobello on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:48 am

consider this as a noob question :D
once instaled dingux, the original firmware stays in the flash or it's load from minisd?
cause i don't have a sd, but there are some megadrive games i like to play without tearing
cheers!
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby jmd28 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:09 pm

PinkVolt wrote:Okay I managed to install Dingux but every time I press select to boot into Dingux the flasher boots again. Any way to change that?

My too... HELP!!!
jmd28

Postby espontaneo on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:24 pm

It sounds to me like you have put the zimage from the dual boot installer on your sd card!

Don't do that! It specifically says not to do that in the readme for dual boot.

All that zimage does is install the dual boot.

Get the actual zimage for your lcd from http://code.google.com/p/dingoo-linux/downloads/list and put that on the fat32 partition.
espontaneo

Postby jmd28 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:37 pm

espontaneo wrote:It sounds to me like you have put the zimage from the dual boot installer on your sd card!

Don't do that! It specifically says not to do that in the readme for dual boot.

All that zimage does is install the dual boot.

Get the actual zimage for your lcd from http://code.google.com/p/dingoo-linux/downloads/list and put that on the fat32 partition.

YES ! It works ok now . Thank you !
jmd28

Postby Twyst on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:18 pm

One problem I've run into is that if I remount the rootfs as rw, the next time I boot into dingux, the partition can no longer be found. Kind of a problem. Since the only reason to make the rootfs rewritable is to be able to copy the history file into /root/, I've attempted to alleviate this by doing 3 partitions - 1 huge fat32 for most stuff, a 256 meg rootfs ext3 partition, and a 64meg fat32 partition. The third partition contains .ash_history.

Attempt 1:
Partition 1 is mounted at /apps/
Partition 3 is mounted at /root/

Result:
Nothing. :( No access to the history.

Attempt 2:
Partition 1 - /apps/
Put a modified .ash_history in /root/ on partition 2, left the rootfs as read-only.

Result:
Works fine - vifm loads, etc, etc.

So basically, if I leave the rootfs as readonly, I don't lose the partition on boot. Making it RW causes the partition to fail.
Twyst

Postby ezelkow1 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:25 pm

There must be something wierd with your rootfs or the command your using then. I've used my rootfs as rw for months now doing development and it never made the partition fail or disappear.
ezelkow1

Postby Twyst on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:14 am

I've put:

::sysinit:/bin/mount -o remount,rw /

like usual.
Now the thing is, I run vifm (as the only "menu" system available right now), and it gives me an error when I run it, along the lines of "cannot stat /usr/local/share/vifm/vifm-help.txt", and fails.

I'm using the uLibc rootfs off opendingoo, as well.
So really, I'm at a loss as to what to do here. The wiki's not very helpful for the dualboot, as it's STILL written as if people are using minicom to connect.
Twyst

Postby mrdrilleraddict on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:14 pm

I've read every guide I can find and have been searching for ever is there anyone that can tell me how to get it to mount the fs something other than read only. I tried putting the

::sysinit:/bin/mount -o remount,rw /

but its says restarting then says mounting root fs as readonly

Please help I'm sooooo close
mrdrilleraddict

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks