Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingux.com Done! Booboo Linux

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dingux.com Done! Booboo Linux

Postby maxif875 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 pm

yes you need to make the partitions by using some linux systems, you could use ubuntu livecd (no need to install, just boot from the cd) or gparted livecd.
i've already done the two partitions but now i'm stuck in this step:

Unpack the archive contents in the second partition:

sudo mount /dev/sdd2 /mnt/flash
sudo tar -C /mnt/flash -jxvf rootfs.tar.bz2
sudo umount /dev/sdd2

when i type sudo mount /dev/sdd2 /mnt/flash it tells me that it doesnt exist
i don't get what exactly should i do
i have done the two partitions by using gparted in ubuntu graphically

Any hints?
maxif875

Postby ezelkow1 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm

sdd2 was just an example from booboo's pc, you need to see the device you formatted in gparted, what it shows up as. So then replace sdd2 with whatever your actual sd card is when mounting it
ezelkow1

Postby maxif875 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 pm

yes i've already remplace it, mine is sdc2 but still no luck
thanks anyway
maxif875

Postby ezelkow1 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Does the /mnt/flash directory exist, you do have to create that first since its not a default directory or anything
ezelkow1

Postby maxif875 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:13 pm

what are really doing those commands anyway? can someone explain to me what those commands do? because i've already decompress the content of rootfs-20090518.tar.bz2 into the second partition (ext3) i put all the folders in there but theres is no mnt/flash folder in the file i downloaded
i don't know what to do please HELPPP

another question: when i solved this the others steps (Let's go...How do I upload files?...) have to be done? or i can then go to windows and put the files of the dualboot into the fat32 partition to flash from it?
Thanks
maxif875

Postby maxif875 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:19 pm

yes i've tried to create it and still the same error
for what is the flash folder (i create it and obviously it's empty)?
maxif875

Postby Dragon Chan on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 pm

I think that we still need some clear guide for those who aren't familiar with linux.

I'm still blocked in installation, after the go 0x80600000 0 command my dingoo will hang in a blank screen, maybe I'm doing wrong with my miniSD.

I've two partitions, in the first (fat32) there's only one file named zIMAGE, in the second partition (ext3) I extracted the rootfs.tar.bz2 (under linux ubuntu) and now I have lotsa folder (tipical linux folders, bin, etc) ... Where I'm doing wrong? Have I to extract zIMAGE? Someone could explain us how the miniSD should be?
Dragon Chan

Postby maxif875 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 pm

I finally get it working!!
for those with the freeze problem when booting dingux, after you've done de two partitions and put into the second (ext3) the contents of the rootfs file (all the folders typical linux extructure) MAKE SURE to:
1-get from here: http://code.google.com/p/dingoo-linux/downloads/list the file zImage-20090625-ILI9325/or/ILI9331
2-once donwloaded rename it to zimage
3-the copy zimage to the first partition (fat32), i've used ubuntu to do that, and make sure theres nothing else into that partition, only that file, also check that th size of the file once copied is 1016, because i've already copied it but it had been misscopied cause the size was 0kb

Good luck!

now i'd like to know what can i do from the command line of the dingux because i can't write anything, in which directory of the ext3 partition must i copied, for example, scummvm?

Thanks again!! this is great!
maxif875

Postby Link on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 am

How long until this gets easier?

I'm not this ambitious.
Link

Postby welshmouse on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 am

if anyone can figure out how to install using only windows that would be awesome. my only pc right now is a windows netbook, so i have no way of accessing ubuntu.
obviously im not going to reformat my pc and partition it with linux just for dingux.

i dont think im missing much right now, since there arent many releases on dingux of any consequence, but id like to install ASAP anyway.
welshmouse

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks