Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Date/time Issue

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Date/time Issue

Postby 00hoangc on Wed May 20, 2009 12:16 am

I just recieved my Dingoo this morning actually..and after a while playing with it, I noticed that it displays the time and date when you're in the menu page (pressing select + start in games) and it shows the date and time to be something like November 2008 !! - just wondering if you can change this ? I cant really see anything in the settings section.

Im using the Official v1.1 firmware if that helps.
00hoangc

Re: Date/time Issue

Postby Link on Wed May 20, 2009 1:10 am

Welcome!

Not sure how to make date changes. Sorry

?4U
Did your new Dingoo come with 1.1 firmware or did you update right away?

Just curious to see how the supply line & support line are working.

Peace

Link
Link

Postby flatmush on Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 am

The dingoo has no way to tell the time or date while it's switched off, so it can't be set. The date and time in the games is static and likely some remnant of code from another platform which can tell the time and date.
The obvious way to see that there is no time/date support is the fact that any files modified by the dingoo itself have a blank modification time/date when viewed on a pc.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed May 20, 2009 9:33 am

Could Linux be our savior?
Wiredbomb0

Postby jasha on Wed May 20, 2009 10:17 am

Not really, as I doubt there is any way to keep time ticking over once you turn off.
jasha

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed May 20, 2009 10:32 am

Maybe we could (via Linux) have the device power down, but still keep a tiny bit running to keep time and stuff. Possible or not?
Wiredbomb0

Postby flatmush on Wed May 20, 2009 1:45 pm

That is possible, however I doubt the processor can underclock to a low enough power so your standby time would be in the region of hours/days at most. I've not yet examined the hardware thoroughly enough to be certain though.

EDIT: OK it seems I was wrong, all the required hardware seems to be there.
jz4740 datasheet wrote:― Supports six low-power modes and function: NORMAL mode; DOZE mode; IDLE mode;
SLEEP mode; HIBERNATE mode; and MODULE-STOP function.

jz4740 datasheet wrote:RTC (Real Time Clock)
― 32-bit second counter
― 1Hz from 32768hz
― Alarm interrupt
― Independent power
― A 32-bits scratch register used to indicate whether power down happens for RTC power

jz4740 datasheet wrote:Watchdog timer
― 16-bit counter in RTC clock with 1, 4, 16, 64, 256 and 1024 clock dividing selected
― Generate power-on reset

Dingoo must have some really shit lazy programmers if they couldn't even be bothered to implement time/date, but then if you look at some of the sdk code and makefiles then that's pretty obvious.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

Postby gibberoids on Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 pm

flatmush wrote:Dingoo must have some really shit lazy programmers if they couldn't even be bothered to implement time/date, but then if you look at some of the sdk code and makefiles then that's pretty obvious.

pretty much sums it up i think.
dont get me wrong i love the hardware (thank you gemei!) but the software itself for the most part is a pile of shite (shame on you dingoo!)
gibberoids

Postby 00hoangc on Wed May 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Hey thanks for your replies..i guess the programmers really were lazy to not implement date/time lol
we'll just have to wait for linux to be finished =P
Link wrote:Welcome!

Not sure how to make date changes. Sorry

?4U
Did your new Dingoo come with 1.1 firmware or did you update right away?

Just curious to see how the supply line & support line are working.

Peace

Link

it came with v1.03 actually then i upgraded.
00hoangc

Postby jasha on Wed May 20, 2009 7:02 pm

If the date and time can be kept, then I'd really like an alarm function as well :)
jasha

Next

Return to A320 hardware