Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Date/time Issue

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Date/time Issue

Postby noproblem on Wed May 20, 2009 7:38 pm

jasha wrote:If the date and time can be kept, then I'd really like an alarm function as well :)

custom programming :D get to it guys, i dunno how to
noproblem

Postby flatmush on Wed May 20, 2009 11:34 pm

I don't know if linux can really fix the issue, it'd probably have to be lower level than that, or you'd have to ensure you never logged off linux cause then the time/date would be lost. It'd probably have to be something in the firmware/bootloader.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

Postby eule on Thu May 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey, i found an apparent calendar/stopwatch on the chinese forums:
http://www.a320home.cn/read.php?tid=840
translation of the description:
Description: 3D placed in the directory, enter the small machine can open the .3 D game long by X to exit. :twisted:

anyway, since you have to be registered there to download, i uploaded it to rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/235713085/calendarstopwatch.rar
I hope it´s useful! Can´t test myself, will receive my Dingoo at the end of may hopefully.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby adamantibus on Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 am

It is some sort of pda like interface application with calendar, clock, calculator and stuff. It could be cool if translated (it is in chinese).
adamantibus

Postby Mikey 134 on Fri May 22, 2009 1:23 pm

I agree that some type of time and date feature would be a good feature
Mikey 134

Postby eule on Fri May 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Hey adamantibus, thanks for checking it out. Does the clock work? :lol:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Mikey 134 on Tue May 26, 2009 5:53 pm

the stop watch works and the calender works... but how do you SET the calender ? like I figured out how to change the date to the correct date but theres no way to "set" it so that when you close out of the program it STAYS at the date you set it for???
Mikey 134

Postby strider_mt2k on Wed May 27, 2009 2:28 pm

Some sort of a sleep mode where only the stuff needed to maintain time and date runs might work.
That, coupled with using the hold button would let you put it away without messing the settings up too.

The problem is that it's STILL going to be using main battery power to do this, and I'm not sure there's any way to get around that.
The result would be time/date retention, but you'd only have a limited amount of "standby" time.

It would also be a kludge to set up and use unless it was built into the firmware or OS.

I have to admit I was skeptical about this idea at first, but it seems like an interesting thought problem if nothing else.
strider_mt2k

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Fri May 29, 2009 5:18 am

So we give out a cookie to someone who solves this little 'problem'?
Wiredbomb0

Postby flatmush on Fri May 29, 2009 5:25 pm

You won't be losing cookies on the firmware front, and it's doubtful if the linux port will be adding this soon.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

PreviousNext

Return to A320 hardware