Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[EMULATOR] Colecovision emulator for Dingoo

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Colecovision emulator for Dingoo

Postby alekmaul on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:36 pm

OK, nice to know that the pb is a firmware pb. I will update the doc with your info
alekmaul

Postby mr_beetty on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:14 pm

tried it on my white dingoo with new lcd controller and it works like a charm! thanks!
mr_beetty

Postby thebb on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Alekmaul -- many thanks for this! I hope you will continue to refine this emulator. As you know, I have been using the Cologne emulator, so I compared several games running under both (Donkey Kong, Ladybug, Venture). IMO, Cologne handles the sound and speed a bit better. Because Cologne is a GBA emulator, the converted games take up more space (a 16k rom might be 300k in Cologne) -- certainly not a big deal in a gigabyte world, but a more perfect version of your native emulator would be great. So I look forward to your next version in hopes you will be able to surpass Cologne!

For those looking for Cologne, it's here: http://www.ndsretro.com/
You will need to add your own BIOS to run it. You can find three versions in the Coleco rom section of theoldcomputer.com. If you compare some games under both, please post your impressions. Thanks!
thebb

Postby BrendanSmall on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:35 pm

Just got my Dingoo, this was the first thing I put on it. Many thanks Alekmaul!
BC's quest for tires = WIN!
BrendanSmall

Postby aceyrandom on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:08 am

Alekmaul: any chance your Colecovision emulator can be moved to a non-SDK version to improve the sound as you mentioned with your SMS emulator? Absolutely love the emulator and really appreciate your work. Thanks!
aceyrandom

Postby alekmaul on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:54 am

Of course i will move Colecoo to non sdk version. Also, i need to know why Defender hangs after few seconds, that's strange ...
alekmaul

Postby capt_bugaloo on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 am

I just tried out your Coleco emulator with a few games, including my fave Pepper II.
Awesome - the emulator works quite well!
capt_bugaloo

Postby alekmaul on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Well, just a litlle wip to inform you that now ColeCOO is without s2d sdk too ;)
The sound is better, the spped is ok. I just need now to add load / save state before releasing this new version.
Also, i don't know why, defender and space fury still hang ... :( certainly a memory alignment regarding mips processor, they work fine on my ds version of ColeCOO ...
alekmaul

Postby aceyrandom on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Excellent news, alekmaul! Can't wait to try the new version when it's ready.
aceyrandom

Previous

Return to Dingoo OS Releases