Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[EMULATOR] Colecovision emulator for Dingoo

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Colecovision emulator for Dingoo

Postby hwrdmonster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:03 am

This is fantastic, thanks.

Lookimg forward to the PC Engine emulator... any possibility for CD-ROM emulation too? (Neo Nectaris is amongst my most favourites... Hudson has skipped it on the Wii so far...)
hwrdmonster

Postby Yongary on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:15 pm

I've had a chance to play around with the emulator for a while, and I have to say that it's really very good. Everything plays at (what I assume is) proper speed, the sound is okay (It's "scratchy", but I assume that's how it sounded to begin with), and it ran 95% of the ROMs that I tried perfectly. The only games that it had problems with were Defender (which freezes after about a minute of play) and Space Fury (which flashes garbage pixels and goes to a black screen after the "alien head" opening). Aside from those two games, everything runs great. I'm totally impressed and eagerly awaiting your work on the PC-Engine emulator; a PC-Engine emulator with save states would make the Dingoo the perfect handheld emulation system. Good luck! :)
Yongary

Postby alekmaul on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks for your reply all, and especially you Yongary for your test. I will check the two faulty games.
About PC Engine emulator, I have a big pb, i convert my Nintendo DS PCEngine emulator to Dingoo but it hangs and I don't know why :(
It works fine on Windows VS Studio emulation (s2dwin emulation with s2d sdk) but not on Dingoo, sorry about that, i will have to take more time to release it ...
alekmaul

Postby Verruckt on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Beam Rider don´t display the background graphics on the coleco emu for dingoo, just only sprites and black background, i hope you can fix it someday, i love that game and the coleco system. Thanks for all!!
Verruckt

Postby Battlepriest on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:38 am

Thanks for your hard work, alekmaul! The ColecoVision was my favourite console when I was a kid, and I'm glad to have it working on a handheld without resorting to GBA screen scaling. Any chance that button remapping could be added? Keypad button 5 is needed in Mousetrap to switch to dog mode, for example.
Battlepriest

Postby alekmaul on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:50 am

Ok about buttons remmaping and i will check beamrider too ^^
I put that on the todo list for next version ;)
alekmaul

Postby mrdrilleraddict on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 am

For some reason the emulator seems to run a little slow especially on donkeykong. Maybe its because my dual boot
mrdrilleraddict

Postby SHARKPUNCH on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:32 am

cant get this to work. i tried for hours and red the directions over 20 times :/. what am i doing wrong?

i put the .sim in my game folder and made a folder called coleco with all my .COL games but whenever i open the folder no files are found.

please help!
SHARKPUNCH

Postby alekmaul on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Hum ... strange ...
Are you sure you use "Interesting game" to run the .COL file ? (emu will be launch via OS regarding COL file extension).
alekmaul

Postby SHARKPUNCH on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 pm

alekmaul wrote:Hum ... strange ...
Are you sure you use "Interesting game" to run the .COL file ? (emu will be launch via OS regarding COL file extension).

yes idk whats wrong

EDIT: updated my firmware to 1.1 now it works like a charm :]
SHARKPUNCH

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases