Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Chinavasion CVFH-N03-4G and Dingoo the same thing?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Chinavasion CVFH-N03-4G and Dingoo the same thing?

Postby iliyan on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello!
Is the Chinavasion CVFH-N03-4G and Dingoo the same thing? :? I mean does the CVFH-N03-4G have the same hardware and firmware as Dingoo so future Dingoo firmware updates and new software will work on CVFH-N03-4G? :geek:
I've ordered CVFH-N03-4G from Chinavasion a couple of days ago(still waiting fo it..) and then started to search the net about it and found it's called Dingoo most of the time. :shock:
However after a week I am getting it and will answer my own questions but I still need to know what to expect. :lol: Thank you in advance!
iliyan

Re: Chinavasion CVFH-N03-4G and Dingoo the same thing?

Postby Bingo83 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:06 pm

From what I have seen and read they are the same unit, with different branding. I dont have one to test so couldnt say for sure if all the firmware and hacks are cross compatible but from info available on the net it seems they are.
Bingo83

Postby iliyan on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply! :P
I am a gadgets lover and I will test everything I can when it arrives. :lol: The overclocking and maybe even a firmware upgrade when it is needed. And I will post my experience after that. :mrgreen:
iliyan

Postby Dingoosofia on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:20 am

Hello Friends,

This is Sofia originally from Shenzhen Dingoo Digital Product Company-the manufacturer of Dingoo A320.

We didn't know our A320 has another "funny "complex nickname like what is " Chinavasion CVFH-N03-4G" until I found your friendly topic here. Definitely ,that company was spent much effort on tampering with our original brand model.

However, this is understandable. As our product is so new, many businessmen are struggling to make as much profit as possible although some wrongdos will damaged the original manufacturer's marketing plan...

We should claim again our device just called "DINGOO A320" officially.

Anyway, friends, thank you for the supports and cares on our DINGOO A320.!!!

Sofia
Dingoosofia
Company rep.

Postby iliyan on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello!
It's a strange name really. :lol:
I've found it a couple of days ago on one of the engadget articles and immediately clicked on the link and ordered the device. :mrgreen:
After that I started looking at the comments under the engadget's article and found that it is called Dingoo! :shock:
Then I've checked in this forum and others that, Dealextrerme sells Dingoo, not Bingo, Lingo, R2-D2, C-3PO etc. but was too late for me :oops:
I should research before buy. But this device was so amazing that I wanted to click on the buy button and if it can just drop off my PC screen into my hands.. :lol:
I've asked just in case if this is the same device as Dingoo so I can upgrade the firmware and use the same software for it like in the real Dingoo but people say it's 100% the same so I am not worried for now :roll:
However minutes after I first saw the real name of this device I started calling it Dingoo and never stop calling it that from then :lol:
May be this is not the first and last time we will see the device with different names :oops:
I am waiting for it in the next week and I can tell more then :D
iliyan

Postby noodle on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:40 pm

emoticons FTW.....
noodle

Postby jurassicjim on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 pm

noodle wrote:emoticons FTW..... :D :) ;) :( :o :shock:

Fixed

j
jurassicjim

Postby gibberoids on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:40 pm

wait, so what exactly? the chinavision thing for sale on other websites is a dirty clone of the dingoo?

i thought the dingoo a320 was actually made by gemei, and dingoo bought the rights to use and rebrand it with their own name... isnt is possible that chinavision simply did the same thing? therefore both devices are identical hardware-wise but will be branded differently on the back and perhaps have a slightly different firmware?
gibberoids

Postby Bingo83 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Possibly, you never know with these devices and until the ChinaVision is in people mitts then we will be in the dark. Would be interesting to see which way it falls. If the Dingoo and ChinaVision are the exact same device manufactured under licence, it just means there are two companies manufacturing them and getting them into market. Dingoo are apparently manufacturing 30,000 a week at present and they are selling out.
Bingo83

Postby schanall on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 am

"Dingoo are apparently manufacturing 30,000 a week at present and they are selling out."

This sounds to me as if they are selling a lot? Or is 30,000 not too much? I hope this little thing will be a sucsess, so we can hope for a great cummunity. ;)
schanall

Next

Return to A320 hardware