Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

anybody intrested to import JAVA for Dingoo?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: anybody intrested to import JAVA for Dingoo?

Postby Altermind on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Derk,

I respect your opinion, but your reply brings up a greater question that needs to be answered. When someone buys this device, what do they buy it for? If they're wanting a dictionary or a metronome, I'm betting that they could pick up a smart phone with Java installed that could work just fine for it.

and.. I can see the point of people using dingux.. definately more of a point that Java! There are many libraries that can be used for game creation. Also the documentation is much better! :-)
Altermind

Re: anybody intrested to import JAVA for Dingoo?

Postby bouvrie on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:35 am

Altermind wrote:When someone buys this device, what do they buy it for? If they're wanting a dictionary or a metronome, I'm betting that they could pick up a smart phone with Java installed that could work just fine for it.
I bought it to play games on. I have a Java-enabled smartphone but obviously those phones nowadays either don't have ergonomic hardware buttons for gameplay, or lack the hardware buttons altogether (touchscreen).

Given that there are many JAVA games out there, having support for them on the Dingoo would surely add to the Dingoo experience. :D

In a way, you could see Java like another emulator: noone wonders why to bother with additional emulators on the Dingoo, and the reason is pretty obvious. ;)
bouvrie

Previous

Return to Homebrew