Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A--320 Overclocking Application

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

A--320 Overclocking Application

Postby Bingo83 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:04 am

Looks like A600 has been a busy wee bee and released his Overclocking Application for the A320.

You can nab the file HERE

Unpack the RAR and put the files in your GAME/3D Folder on the Dingoo

There are various speeds 200/336/370/400/430.

The files need to be selected and run through the 3D Game menu and when you click and run it does not look as if anything has changed. Once you have clicked on the preferred speed, cancel out of 3D game and goto Interesting game and you should start to see a difference. I noticed a real difference on CPS2 and Neogeo so far, not got round to trying it out on everything yet though.

As with all these unofficial hacks - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Bingo83

Re: A--320 Overclocking Application

Postby dollarhorror on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:15 am

any word on how safe this is. Will it harm the Dingo. I haven't got mine yet, but I would like to try it. Does this make the SNES emu a lot better?
dollarhorror

Postby Bingo83 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:41 am

I have been using it overclocked to 430 and not had a problem yet. I dont have many SNES games to try out but the ones I have done have shown a marked increase. Most are still run at Frameskip 1, but with that and the overclock they run just as I remember on the original machine.

Its still a bit hit and miss, the SNES and Megadrive emu's need recoding which I am sure Dingoo or some of the homebrew devs will be working on.
Bingo83

Postby dollarhorror on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 pm

so, let me ask you this. Is the overclocking app something that I just need to run once or something I need to run every time I turn the unit on? Lets say I've overclocked to to play a NEOGEO game, but want to switch to NES, how do I return the Dingo to its original speed, or is that even something I would have to do?
dollarhorror

Postby Bingo83 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Once its on, it remains on until you power the unit off.
Bingo83

Postby jurassicjim on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Is there a danger of this making the chip much hotter and therefore burning out the processor and breaking it? Or will the heat difference be minimal?

Thanks

j
jurassicjim

Postby iliyan on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 pm

jurassicjim wrote:Is there a danger of this making the chip much hotter and therefore burning out the processor and breaking it? Or will the heat difference be minimal?

Thanks

j

If someone can say if the battery is drained faster when device is overclocked and how much time we have from a fully charged battery and playing games with overclocked Dingoo?
Thanks for me and the previous question too! 8-)
iliyan

Postby Bingo83 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:22 pm

iliyan wrote:
jurassicjim wrote:Is there a danger of this making the chip much hotter and therefore burning out the processor and breaking it? Or will the heat difference be minimal?

Thanks

j

If someone can say if the battery is drained faster when device is overclocked and how much time we have from a fully charged battery and playing games with overclocked Dingoo?
Thanks for me and the previous question too! 8-)

The actual processor is rated at 430 hz which is the maximum the Overclock runs at. Dingoo has reined in the processor speed to prolong battery usage. I have been using the overclock app for everything on the Dingoo and never had a problem at all with it. Battery life is still around 6 hours.
Bingo83

Postby iliyan on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks!
That answer makes me feel good about my choice of device :D
iliyan

Postby JeKel on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:00 am

With the processor running faster (using the overclocking ap) does this help the video playback buffer?
=JeKel
JeKel

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks