Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A--320 Overclocking Application

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A--320 Overclocking Application

Postby Bingo83 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:24 pm

JeKel wrote:With the processor running faster (using the overclocking ap) does this help the video playback buffer?
=JeKel

Nope that has to do the memory buffer, what it seems to be doing is constantly streaming the video and when it reaches the end it starts loading in more. Thus you get the small pause. The overclock wont help that in anyway, it could be addressed in a new firmware release.
Bingo83

Postby heiligerhubertus on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:16 pm

hello!!
i have a problem:
i see no difference with or without the overclocking app running. it doesn't matter if i choose clockspeed 200, 430 or nothing!!
all games in all emulators have still the same speed.
i copied the app as it should be in game/3d folder and select the clockspeed (200 to 430) by pressing A. then i press B, go back to interesting game menu and select an app/game. i see NO DIFFERENCE!!!! posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=57&sid=98d646a06d7fb86d80ff238254ee0e08#
can you help me please?
thanks
heiligerhubertus

Postby Bingo83 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:43 pm

It depends on what Emu's or progs you are using. The difference can range from having to use less frameskip to actually looking like the games are playing back in Fast Forward.

I dont have a Video Camera so cant upload videos of what mines actually does.

It does make a difference though.
Bingo83

Postby heiligerhubertus on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:51 pm

ok.
i'm playing donkey kong country 1-3 on snes emu with frameskip set to 1 and metal slug on neogeo frameskip auto.
no difference between clockspeed set to 200 or 430!!!!!! also all cps games are still on same speed:((
????
heiligerhubertus

Postby ionmyke on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

I wish there was an easy way to know it's actually working. It does seem to improve some games noticeably tho. It only happened to me once, but I set to 430mhz and it seemed like the whole dingoo was in fast forward.. It was almost impossible to adjust settings, it was jumping all over the place. I turned it off in fear of it blowing up.
ionmyke

Postby iliyan on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:23 pm

I thing if there is possibility the overclocking app when executed to show the current clock speed and then set the new one. I looked at the code, looks like it detects something before setting new values but I can't understand it much :cry: I hope the developers read here and will take new ideas well :P
iliyan

Postby heiligerhubertus on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14 pm

how exactly do you start the app - cancel it out -- and play a game?
there must be something wrong the way i start it up. i can still see no difference. i've tried everything. cpu speed 200, cpu speed 430, frameskipping auto,1,2,3,4,.....NO EMU or GAME IS RUNNING BETTER/FASTER!!!!!!!
please help me....
heiligerhubertus

Postby Bingo83 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:43 pm

heiligerhubertus wrote:how exactly do you start the app - cancel it out -- and play a game?
there must be something wrong the way i start it up. i can still see no difference. i've tried everything. cpu speed 200, cpu speed 430, frameskipping auto,1,2,3,4,.....NO EMU or GAME IS RUNNING BETTER/FASTER!!!!!!!
please help me....

The files need to be selected and run through the 3D Game menu, select the overclock setting by pressing A
Once you have clicked on the preferred speed, cancel out of 3D game, by continually pressing B till you get to the initial start up menu
Goto Interesting game and run your rom you should start to see a difference

It works fine for me and many other on this forum and others have had no problems using or running it.

Chips are rated to run at a certain speed and not everyone will overclock exactly the same as another, you might just be unlucky and have one that doesnt overclock easily if at all.
Bingo83

Postby heiligerhubertus on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:32 pm

thanks for your answer(s)!
maybe i am one of those unluckiely "not overclockable" dingoo owners. -but i don't think so:)
when i try to UNDERCLOCK my dingoo to cpu speed 200 i also see no different!!!!!
so, i think the app isn't working correctly or i made a mistake while installing. i copied all files in the rar to dingoos game/3d folder. there are also same other *.apps. for example: 7days, brick,candy.........RIGHT!?
i am very frustrated:(
heiligerhubertus

Postby heiligerhubertus on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 pm

IGOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
after selecting the overclocking speed app with A u got to KEEP ON THE BUTTON while exiting with B (at the same time)!
after playing and exiting any emu the speed is suddenly set back to normal. so, i have to overclock everytime i start a game.
cheers and have fun. it's a great app and ALL games and emus run a lot faster. believe me...
heiligerhubertus

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks