Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A--320 Overclocking Application

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A--320 Overclocking Application

Postby Bingo83 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Good stuff, its not the way I get mine running but if it works for you then its all good.
Bingo83

Postby Marie on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:26 am

I still not seeing any difference between both overclocking and without it

:(
Marie

Postby nardich on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:28 am

Here also, no differences. I tried with garou motw on neo geo, set a two players game without moving, same conditions on the tests, running both 200mhz and 430mhz (as well as 370) got the 99s counter done in exactly the same real (clock) time.

EDIT: God, it just worked, dunno why... But I just played Garou with frameskip 0, full speed with sound. I've got to figure out WHY it is that random... BTW, I don't get the trick of heiligerhubertus...

EDIT2 : No way to get it to work... Same thing with the overclocked firmwares :-(
nardich

Postby nardich on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Found something here !

Overclocking and Underclocking works perfectly only when USB is plugged or power supply is plugged. And you can see the difference directly in the menu, transition is hell SLOW on 200mhz, and really fast on 430mhz.
I tried several times, it works "perfectly". I mean, the way I described here.
But, as soon as I unplug the USB, the speed comes back to normal.

430mhz is really incredible in NeoGeo emulator... Garou Mark of the Wolves full speed with sound, frameskip 0. So nice...

So I guess I should bring a power supply on the move haha !

Maybe there is some sort of loop in the firmware, like putting a threshold at each connection/deconnection or what...
Because it's not something about "not enough power", since it's the same effect for underclocking & overclocking...

But in the other hand, it works perfectly for some people !

So, any idea ? Bingo83, you're the master on this subject !

I go back playing plugged, on the TV hehe...

EDIT :
Re confirmation there is nothing about power : if you unplugg while playing, it stays at the same frequency. But as soon as you come back on the menu, speed goes back to normal.

Oh, another thing, when unplugged, if I select 200mhz and push B directly (to go back in the previous menu) the transition is slow, as if it's at 200mhz (very noticeable), but then the frequency goes directly back to normal, and next transition is at normal speed.
Ok, enough !
nardich

Postby Bingo83 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:06 pm

I dont have a prob with the overclock app at all. I have mine set at 430 for everything. Once its on, its on until I switch the unit off. Strange that it works slightly differently for some people. I have never played my Dingoo while plugged in so cant comment on that. Will check it out when I am back at my desk again.
Bingo83

Postby ionmyke on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:56 pm

nardich wrote:
Overclocking and Underclocking works perfectly only when USB is plugged or power supply is plugged. And you can see the difference directly in the menu, transition is hell SLOW on 200mhz, and really fast on 430mhz.
I tried several times, it works "perfectly". I mean, the way I described here.
But, as soon as I unplug the USB, the speed comes back to normal.

Wow. I've been having inconsistent results using the overclock app, and it seems this is whats going on with my dingoo as well. The speed is definitely noticeable especially in the menus. I tried it out playing progear, still slightly choppy, but a huge difference. But as soon as I unplug it and hit the menu, it's back to normal. Weird.. hopefully someone can figure it out.
ionmyke

Postby nardich on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 am

I'm waiting for your results, Bingo83 and ionmyke !
I again played games at 430, and it's really impressive...
nardich

Postby jp1 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 am

Same exact thing here...overclock apps only work consistently while plugged in usb. Strange. Also, I am using 385mhz bbe firmware. So it seems to do the same thing on multiple firmwares.
jp1

Postby nardich on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:33 am

jp1 wrote:Same exact thing here...overclock apps only work consistently while plugged in usb. Strange. Also, I am using 385mhz bbe firmware. So it seems to do the same thing on multiple firmwares.

In fact. I tried with normal, two different bbe, 385 and 400 firmwares: same !
nardich

Postby nardich on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:30 pm

heiligerhubertus wrote:IGOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
after selecting the overclocking speed app with A u got to KEEP ON THE BUTTON while exiting with B (at the same time)!
after playing and exiting any emu the speed is suddenly set back to normal. so, i have to overclock everytime i start a game.
cheers and have fun. it's a great app and ALL games and emus run a lot faster. believe me...

GOT IT TOO ! Thanks to heiligerhubertus who explained me his technique again by mp. I rewrite it for everybody here:

Get in 3D menu
Select the overclock application, push A, release A
Push again A (very quickly) and keep it pressed.
Then push B (or left) several time until you get back to the principal menu
Then you have to get in "interesting games", and that's the most tricky moment:
Release A and (as fast as you can) repush it to get in "interesting gammes". Keep A pressed.
Navigate in the menus using left and right on the d-pad, always keeping A pressed.
Select you game/emulator with right on the d-pad, and when finaly on the game, release A.

If you want to be sure you're doing it the right way, try with the 200mhz underclock, so you'll see menu being VERY slow, and if they get back to normal speed one time, it'll mean you did smtg wrong.

Many thanks to heiligerhubertus !
nardich

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks