Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Windows 7 issues

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Windows 7 issues

Postby Monge Cravos on Wed May 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi there!

First of all, I'm from Brazil, got my Dingoo 5 days ago, and I'm loving it =). The problem is: in my main home computer I use Windows 7, and as you sure know it already, the dingoo isn't recognized when connected. So far I'm using my notebook (which has XP installed) to put files in my dingoo, but it's really annoying copying the files to my notebook and then to the dingoo...

Yesterday I installed the new release (RC 7100), but the problem remains. I wonder if there's any generic "USB Mass Storage Device" driver that could work with dingoo. Please don't give me solutions like "use a linux boot dvd" or "install something else". I'm really loving the new windows, and I want to be able to use my dingoo with it.

Thanks a lot
Monge Cravos

Re: Windows 7 issues

Postby Hellsing1 on Wed May 06, 2009 10:23 pm

See if you can get a download of the 7000 version of Windows 7 - it works fine.
Hellsing1

Postby welshmouse on Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 am

try holding B and hitting the reset button on the dingoo when its conected by USB. thid causes it to be read just as a mass storage device. if it doesnt work straight away like that, download the team dingoo 1.03d custom firmware, as it comes with the driver you need for vista/xp do may work with windows 7 (though im not sure)
welshmouse

Postby muriani on Tue May 12, 2009 3:26 pm

OK, I see other people are having the same issue. I couldn't get mine to connect this morning either.
I got it connected here at work, although I had to mount it manually, the automounter on my linux workstation here is a blown up apparently.
muriani

Postby schanall on Tue May 12, 2009 3:53 pm

The automounter is not working, for me too. Can you have a look if your Dingoo is charging on Linux? Mine is not :|
schanall

Postby muriani on Wed May 13, 2009 1:57 am

I'll check the automounter again tomorrow. It wasn't working on any USB mass storage device for me.
I just did a complete reinstall of my workstation, the previous user had left it in a sorry state. It seemed to pick up my phone and other devices fine after the install, but I didn't try the Dingoo.

I'm using Debian 5.0 (Lenny), the current *stable* version.
muriani

Postby Dignan17 on Wed May 13, 2009 8:08 am

I'm not sure why it's not working for you guys. I've been using 7 for months now, and have no problem connecting.

Are you first turning the A320 on and THEN plugging it in? That seems to be the most sure-fire way of making it work.
Dignan17

Postby iliyan on Fri May 15, 2009 2:55 pm

When I am logged in Win7 at home I start VMWare 6 where I have WinXP intalled for testing old stuff on it. I plug in the Dingoo and it shows up into the emulated WinXP in VMWare. If I unplug it then it may need some plug/unplug + Dingoo reset but still this is a very good way to plug in my Dingoo and recognize it in Win7 and WinXP boots very fast into VMWare. The other way for me is to restart the PC and boot XP/Ubuntu and recognize Dingoo but this will be slower.
iliyan

Postby muriani on Fri May 15, 2009 5:04 pm

The 7000 build of Windows 7 worked just fine with the Dingoo. It's the new RC build that is causing the issues.
muriani

Postby muriani on Sat May 16, 2009 12:23 am

schanall wrote:The automounter is not working, for me too. Can you have a look if your Dingoo is charging on Linux? Mine is not :|

I'm now using Ubuntu at work, and it does mount and charge just fine.
muriani

Next

Return to A320 hardware