Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

what to hack

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

what to hack

Postby elronnightshade on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:23 pm

if you had a spare dingoo that cost you nothing what would you hack?

hardware and software
elronnightshade

Re: what to hack

Postby athlon4011 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:18 pm

ive been planning on this for a while. Since software wouldnt be my specialty, i would go for hardware.

Been planning on a possibility to change for a bigger battery.

Also been writing up a way to use a flash drive instead of the mini sd card, eventually maybe a 2.5 hard drive. I dont care if its not totally practically, but i wanna see if i can do it just because.

Found out a way to convert the sd data into usb data, then will prolly find the pos and neg voltage needed for the power of the usb directly from the battery even if i need a resistor to tone down the voltage.

The battery upgrade i will try and have it so that it wont have to mod the external of the case itself but maybe shaved the internal down a bit. The external hdd would prolly work of a secondary mini usb port.

In prolly a month or two im going to order two dingoo's to test this out, an extra one just in case i fubar one :P.
athlon4011

Highscores: 4

Postby elronnightshade on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:35 pm

very interesting maybe in the future we could work on this together?
elronnightshade

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:36 pm

If I had a spare, I would go hardware, simply because there is other people working on software (and I'd leave them to that).

In all serouisness, I would opt for some form of wireless (Bluetooth, Infra-red or Wifi [my preferred choice]) so that there is some connectivity with the devices. Otherwise, maybe something along the lines of a better battery, not because my runs out of battery, but just so I don't have to worry about it.
Wiredbomb0

Postby eule on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:27 pm

I would love a hack to make the miniUSB to a USB host, so you could add a second (or more ^^) controller or anything else. Even if it had to be connected to a power source, it would be awesome (if we get TV-Out in Linux sometime)!
Something like that was just done with the Wiz: http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/topic/49187-wiz-usb-host/
But it may be much more difficult or even impossible on the dingoo, i read someone say, that the chip supports usb host, but it´s not soldered on the board.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby eule on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:21 pm

from http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/08/maybe-this-will-help-get-c64-to-dingoo.html#comments
Anonymous said...
That would be fantastic but without a real keyboard, it will be extremely limited. Most of the fun I had back with the C64 was cranking out BASIC. Please oh please will someone allow USB hosting on the A320 so that we can attach USB keyboard and USB mouse. THAT will make this little NetNut a NetBook killer.
August 21, 2009 8:20 AM

Anonymous said...
usb hosting is impossible, the pins on the chip don't have any tracks on the board leading to the socket, would require extensive modification on a very small level
though the pins are there, s if the hardware was put together prperly it could be done
August 21, 2009 10:38 PM

:cry:
Impossible? Oh no, please let there be one smart hacker, who´s brave enough to do it! :lol:
Here is a little head up:
Jz4740 integrates USB Host Controller (UHC), which is Open Host Controller Interface
(OHCI)-compatible and USB Revision 1.1-compatible. It supports both low-speed (1.5 Mbps) and
full-speed (12 Mbps) USB devices. Two downstream ports are provided.
Jz4740 also integrates USB device controller (UDC), which is USB Revision 2.0-compliant
High-speed device.

from http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cache:8xspVKqmrO4J:ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/4hw/Jz4740_Board_Design%2520Guide_EN.pdf+ingenic+jz4740&cd=2&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=firefox-a
USB stuff starts at page 17.

Keep warm your soldering iron! :)
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby elronnightshade on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:37 pm

all interesting ideas for me to do with my spare dingoo....

keep em coming in ppl
elronnightshade

Postby Fulton on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 pm

If I had the know-how I'd work on adding Wi-Fi Internet access along with a decent web browser that was optimized for the Dingoo's screen.

It would be awesome to be able to surf the net with my Dingoo, find a cool rom, and download it directly to the Games folder! :)
Fulton

Postby athlon4011 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Found a couple of prime candidates for new batteries.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?P ... egory=1292

not ordering anything just yet. but i wanna start with the basis of 3.7V cuz that is what the stock dingoo battery is. If i order a same voltage battery the less total work i will have to do hopefully.

on a side note; something i could dream about and i know some would have a problem i with this saying the dingoo is perfect as is. But I think it would be pretty cool if i could get the dingoo inside a psp case. I've done a lil screen work b4 but i wont know how this would turn out. I know for a fact that using the same battery from the psp would not be wise because the battery i think has a voltage of around 5V so i would have to dumb it down a bit or use a different battery.

Well thats what I have gotten through so far. I like super research things b4 i buy them specially if there is a chance of bricking a new dingoo.

Would love any comments and Idea's.
athlon4011

Postby athlon4011 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Also does anyone have the exact dimensions on the battery of the dingoo?
athlon4011

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks