Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What is the a320 capable of?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What is the a320 capable of?

Postby capt_bugaloo on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Like I wrote, for those of us who use the "native A320 environment". I found a .GBA calculator that works well from within the GBA emulator, but it would be a bit quicker and simpler to run one native rather than from within the GBA emulator.
capt_bugaloo

Postby bentodd2000 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:57 pm

capt_bugaloo wrote:Like I wrote, for those of us who use the "native A320 environment". I found a .GBA calculator that works well from within the GBA emulator, but it would be a bit quicker and simpler to run one native rather than from within the GBA emulator.

Is there a reason you don't use the dual boot? I think most community generated programs will be for the dingux os.
bentodd2000

Postby capt_bugaloo on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 am

Well, just today on this site alone, I have seen at least a couple of complaints from people who have messed up their Dingux installs. If I search through the forums, I can find dozens of folks who are having issues.

Now, I'm pretty tech savvy and I can follow written instructions, but I'm fairly happy with my Dingoo the way it is and would prefer not to screw it up, so I'm holding off on installing dual boot/Dingux until the process seems a bit more stable and reliable. I'm sure someone will follow up and tell me the process _is_ reliable - but yet I keep seeing post after post from users who are having issues and would argue otherwise.

As I wrote, lots of folks aren't that tech savvy either, and I would really like to see more support for the native environment...
capt_bugaloo

Postby bentodd2000 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 pm

capt_bugaloo wrote:Well, just today on this site alone, I have seen at least a couple of complaints from people who have messed up their Dingux installs. If I search through the forums, I can find dozens of folks who are having issues.

Now, I'm pretty tech savvy and I can follow written instructions, but I'm fairly happy with my Dingoo the way it is and would prefer not to screw it up, so I'm holding off on installing dual boot/Dingux until the process seems a bit more stable and reliable. I'm sure someone will follow up and tell me the process _is_ reliable - but yet I keep seeing post after post from users who are having issues and would argue otherwise.

As I wrote, lots of folks aren't that tech savvy either, and I would really like to see more support for the native environment...

I agree that the native os has advantages. It is all drag and drop. Adding new emus is simple. Plus you can run lots of stuff through the gba emu like you said. I do think though most devs will switch to dingux because of the ease of ports.

I just recently added the dual boot when I found out about the Stella arari 2600 emu. It took my a little time to figure out the dualboot but nothing harmed the a320. Also it should be easy to reflash the original firmware if there is an issue. I only paid $83 shipped for my a320 so no big deal.

also dingoo-digital.com mostly focuses on the native os.
bentodd2000

Postby Yongary on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:24 am

Is this a "list of things we want on the Dingoo" thread? Because I have a few:

REALISTIC
* PC Engine/Turbografx-16 emulator (alekmaul is actually working on this)
* Atari Lynx emulator
* Amega emulator
* A GOOD ebook reader program (i.e. one that's optimized for western alphabets and has rich text support)
* MPlayer for Dingux (or something capable of playing h.264 and VP6F)

PIPE DREAMS
* PSX Emulation at playable speeds (at least for 2D games...I want my Symphony of the Night, damnit!)
* Cave Story
* An Atari Jaguar emulator
* MAME for the native OS

any of these things would make me happy...
Yongary

Postby n00body on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:43 am

Scratch the pc engine emulator and be happy.
n00body

Previous

Return to Homebrew