Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What combination for Dingoo on win7?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

What combination for Dingoo on win7?

Postby siem on Sat May 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Does anyone know what I need to do to connect my dingoo using vmware, virtualbox or winxp mode? :roll:
siem

Re: What combination for Dingoo on win7?

Postby iliyan on Sat May 30, 2009 6:59 pm

I've installed WinXp into VMWare 6. Just to be sure I will explain the last way I used to connect my Dingoo inside Win7->VMWare+XP:
Turn off your Dingoo.
Power on the emulated XP inside VMWare. Wait until it shows the desktop and load everything just in case.
Connect your Dingoo to one of the PC's USB ports and wait until the emulated XP shows the autorun dialog or shows that a new USB device is connected to it.
While your dingoo is visible as a USB drive into the emulated XP, you can use the XPs dialog to 'release' the USB device and after it tells you it released it, you can use the VMWares `Disconnect(Connect to Host)` option for the USB device that represents your Dingoo.
Now Dingoo should show some `Updating..` message and shows the main screen where you can use it and it charges from the USB port at the same time! :D

If you connect Dingoo to the USB port again and the emulated XP is running, VMWare will not handle it corretly, so you may need to reset a couple of times and use VMWares Connect/Disconnect option(which is by clicking one of the USB devices at the bottom right of the VMWares window).

Hope that helps a little and it should be really good if the final Win7 version recognizes Dingoo straight away! :P
iliyan

Postby siem on Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Thanks man :)

I'm installing WinXP SP3 on vmplayer 2.5.2 build-156735, does that makes a difference?
siem

Postby iliyan on Sat May 30, 2009 8:43 pm

I prefer VMWare especially version 6 because it's the only one that recognizes my USB devices when I plug them. I know Virtualbox which I used before could't recognize USB devices so I've tried the latest VMWare and I'm very happy with it! :P
iliyan

Postby siem on Sat May 30, 2009 8:46 pm

WinXP Sp3 installed, let's see if it works :)

Edit: it works :) Nice ! :D
siem

Postby iliyan on Sat May 30, 2009 11:01 pm

siem wrote:WinXP Sp3 installed, let's see if it works :)

Happy to hear it! :D
iliyan

Postby siem on Sun May 31, 2009 8:51 am

iliyan wrote:
siem wrote:WinXP Sp3 installed, let's see if it works :)

Happy to hear it! :D

Yeah nice, Now I don't need to transfer the files to another pc everytime

But it isn't really 'easy' in use. I also need to transfer the files to Vmware, then see that I can connect my dingoo and transfer it. But nah, better then installing a dual boot or using another pc :mrgreen:

Hope this thread can help other guys with probs :)
siem

Postby iliyan on Sun May 31, 2009 8:57 am

I am using VMWares 'Shared Folders' feature which gives you direct access to folders on the host OS. That way you can directly copy files from for ex. your Win7 C: and paste to Dingoo. Works fast! :P
iliyan

Postby siem on Sun May 31, 2009 12:23 pm

I've downloaded the VMware workstation v.6 and enabled shared folders, where can I find that shared folder now? :P
siem

Postby iliyan on Sun May 31, 2009 1:02 pm

siem wrote:I've downloaded the VMware workstation v.6 and enabled shared folders, where can I find that shared folder now? :P

Turn off the virtual machine if it's running and then click on the 'Edit Virtual Machine Settings'. From there, click on the 'Options' tab and you should see the 'Shared Folders' in one of the settings below. Click on it and you will have the possibility to add/remove folders. :mrgreen:
iliyan

Next

Return to A320 hardware