Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

USB connection issues in Vista

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

USB connection issues in Vista

Postby steve_jjones on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:31 pm

I can't get my Dingoo to show up in vista 32bit. I can get it to show up on my girlfriends XP laptop.

In Vista, windows detects a usb device and installs it, but nothing shows up in my computer. I've tried uninstalling the device, etc, but no luck. The drives look like the may be showing up in computer management, but it says the are not initiallized. They are initialized though on the XP machine, and I have roms working on the device.

Any ideas apart from putting my laptop in the bin and waiting on windows 7? lol.

What OS is everybody else using?
steve_jjones

Re: USB connection issues in Vista

Postby Bingo83 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 pm

I have Vista installed and have no probs. Try unistalling the device driver, reboot and reconnect. Could be just a dodgy driver download.
Bingo83

Postby Chip on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 am

Worked out of the box with Vista 64bit. It recognized the internal flash and the mini-SD card as separate drives.
Everything you need to know about the Dingoo A320 - A320 Wiki
Everything you need to know about the Pandora - Pandora FAQ
Chip

Postby CapnDistracto on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 am

This may sound silly, but if you have another USB port, give it a try. Vista went a little wonky with a few of my devices, particularly my Wacom drawing tablet. Plugged it into one port and it thought my whole computer was a tablet PC and didn't recognize the tablet itself as the input device. Switched to another USB port and it recognized properly and installed the native drivers. Had the same problem with Windows 7 64-bit despite the improved driver compatability. In another case, it recognized my Creative mp3 player as only a flash drive in the confused port above.

Also, as I understand it Win7 64 bit is pretty squarely based on Vista 64's architecture, and my Dingoo shows up just fine.
CapnDistracto

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:03 am

I've always had some issues with USB ports. Some will work fine, others won't. My Genuis tablet :P is a little dodgy on one single port, but change it to another and it works fine. Just try anything that you can think of.
Wiredbomb0

Return to A320 hardware