Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

TXT-Reader, supports vertical reading

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

TXT-Reader, supports vertical reading

Postby eule on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:39 pm

from here:
http://209.85.135.132/translate_c?hl=de ... wyemfJ_tMg
i downloaded and uploaded it on rapidshare, since you have to be registered on the chinese forum, what´s a pain.
http://rapidshare.com/files/221210196/t ... 320_1_.rar

Instructions are not clear, thx to google:

1,. TXTREADER directory will txtreader.sim and small machines on the GAME directory f
2. To the network download TTF font, the font on the small machine \ GAME \ TXTREADER \ FONTS directory (the default font does not provide, you need to go to download)
Web site address included a font http://www.font.com.cn/
Or your computer to C: \ Windows \ Fonts directory to find a few appropriate fonts.

Description:
1. 320 * 240 24bit support BMP format picture of the background, please comply with the BMP format picture on TXTREADER \ IMAGE directory in the menu you can choose to use

2. In support of the international language, the following language of the ANSI text, Unicode text, as well as any and all support

Arabic
Korean, Traditional Chinese:
Simplified Chinese Japanese Thai Turkish Cyrillic:
Greek:
English:
China-EU language

2, you simply load the TXT text when you select the appropriate language. (Garbled if the show, please check your language settings are correct, the use of the TTF font support in that language

3., It is important!! Requested the installation is complete, the first time as soon as possible after the use of "default settings" feature so you can quickly open the file later. Only by using the "default", you will later use the default TXT parameters open, otherwise it will always prompt you to choose parameters.

4, on the "custom settings" note."Custom Settings" and can save and load the settings you are now saved as a separate state of the configuration file in order to quickly switch settings in the next. Configuration save directory is "[a small machine] \ GAME \ TXTREADER \ PRESET" , you can delete the computer name, copy the files inside. default configuration file is not necessarily suitable for your machine, please re-set

5, to support the A320 screen rotation. An increase of 0.1% Fast Jump

Jack made this textreader, i think. at least he posted it. maybe someone with a dingoo can try this...
I´ll post more of this stuff, if you are interested.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Re: TXT-Reader, supports vertical reading

Postby iliyan on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 pm

I've put it in my Dingoo and tested with a couple of Unicode encoded Cyrillic txt files.
I've put txtreader.sim app and the TXTREADER folder in usb:/GAME/ folder.
Then I've added some TTF fonts from my Windows/Fonts/ folder (and those are Arial.ttf Verdana.ttf etc.) in the usb:/GAME/TXTREADER/FONTS/ folder . I prefer Arial and Verdana though :P
The rules for this reader are:
1. The txt files have to be encoded in Unicode(at least the Cyrillic ones).
2. The txt files have to be started from the Interesting Game menu, not from the Browser or elsewhere.
When you start the txt file, the reader starts and ask you for a .nls file - I always choose the first one - looks like it doesn't matter for my case.
The first time the reader is started it asks for the TTF font file - I've chosen the Arial.ttf - it loads from 0% to 100% when you select a new TTF font and then loads the txt file that you can now read moving the text with the pad.
The reader's menu is all Chinese but that doesn't matter after a while when you test all menus and remember the needed ones. :P
When reading a text you can call the menu with the A button(and Cancel with B or Y - depends on the menu). The first menu is something like Save/Load bookmark it has 2 sub menus respectively for Save and Load bookmark.
The second main menu is for changing the reader's background/text color: looks like you can select the RGB values with a slide. Has 2 sub menus for the background and for the text colors.
The third main menu is(I think) for choosing a position when you want to go in the text (in percents).
The fourth main menu is for auto scrolling etc. - haven't used it so far.
The fifth main menu is very interesting. It has 3 sub menus:
1. Choosing the font size and characters space - after you modify it here it loads again the font and caches it
2. Choose one of your TTF fonts here - may load if different font/size is selected
3. Again font size select - don't know what is different from 1.
The sixth main menu is for choosing a .nls file - I don't use it for now.
The seventh main menu is for choosing a background image - it has one blue apple image by default. - Has 2 sub menus : 1. Choose background image. 2. Cancel(I think)
The 8th main menu has 7 sub menus. I understand only few of them:
4. Rotate text
5. Change reader keys
The 9th main menu has 4 sub menus. First two are to load or save/load a .cfg with your current/saved configuration: I have to test it more.
3. and 4. looks the same (but only to me :lol: ) : Reset the reader's configuration to default. This needs more testing of combinations too.
The 10th menu should be Cancel (return to text).
I hope someone will use this and read many books. Thanks to eule I now have my second Cyrillic(Unicode) book reader on my Dingoo :P
And the first one is a GBA ebook reader from here: Bookreader. It's very good, only its resolution is a bit small but the books are read with no pain :)
iliyan

Postby eule on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Great Iliyan, you made a very useful guide i think. Will help me if my dingoo arrives, and many others too hopefully.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby iliyan on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:22 pm

I've just finished reading "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown and I am starting with Karl May's books now :P
It's very good that this app has font and size setting as well as the the screen rotation so one can have a pleasure reading txt ebooks on Dingoo! :D
This app has amazing and hundreds of setting that can make your day better!
I am ready to answer people who want to give it a try :ugeek:
iliyan

Postby nine10 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 pm

TXTREADER V24 Portuguese translation

http://www.4shared.com/file/112724736/b ... 4_BR_.html

is possible to make an english translation?
nine10

Postby batman52 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Looks like an empty archive to my linux box...

Anyway,
it would surely be possible to translate it in english (or in any other language) if we had the sources. As far as I can remember the original author was chinese, and I couldn't find the sources on the page of the release when i looked for them.

BTW: It would be a great deal to invite some of those chinese developers here...
batman52

Postby MeneerJansen on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:04 pm

No matter what type of "Unicode" I try to save my text files (w/ Gedit in Ubuntu 9.04 Linux) to: they won't display properly. The end-of-line characters aren't recognized... Bummer I cannot read the Cinese menu's.

[edit] The bookreader for the GBA mentioned in the top post cannot be downloaded anymore...
MeneerJansen

Postby batman52 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:49 pm

@MeneerJansen:

After tweaking a lot, i finally decided to stick to the OF ebook reader (definitively my favourite function other than media player), since none of the alternatives seem to offer much more. Moreover, i can listen to music while i'm reading!

About the text enconding i had to convert every text i wanted to read in ASCII7 format. I'm losing all accents (i'm italian so we use some), but at least i don't have to deal with weird chinese characters. No issues if you mean to read english texts.

In order to change char encoding (if you have a linux system) you can:
1) if your "source" is already in txt format, use the shell command iconv with the //TRANSLIT option (otherwise it will fail).
2) if your source is in pdf use pdftotext selecting ASCII7 as output encoding.

i am almost sure these operations can be performed in windows too...

About the end of line, it's most probabilly due to the different codification (CR+LF=windows, CR=unix). I advice you to use a clever text editor to handle this (for instance scite http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html).

About the gamboy ebook reader, the link is here http://www.bookreader.co.uk/.

In a far, far future I hope being able to port a "serious" ebook reader to dingux (FBreader?, coolreader?, suggestions and help are welcome), but don't hold your breath, it will take a while and i'm not sure i really can do it.

Said this, it seems to me that the only simple alternative to handle other EU-encodings is to convert our texts into images...
:-(, therefore i'm porting an image viewer to dingux, that I hope i'll be able to transform into a comicbook reader (.cbz files= zip compressed archive of images).
batman52

Postby vimrc on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi, batman52,

For Dingux, I ported the gread2x (http://greader2x.sourceforge.net/) several weeks ago, i
t supports the true-type font well. I could post it and the modified source later if nessary.

However, it is buggy. There is an internal music player, but it can't work right now. I also disable
the cpuoverclock and brightness adjustment modules which are available for GP2x, but it's not
difficult to add them to Dingux version.
vimrc

Postby batman52 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:04 pm

@vimrc: I am sure I saw your page in the past, but it seems that i completely forgot about it, so I have to thank you!
I'll have a look at your code as soon as i can, then i'll open another thread about it.

Anyway, I'd really like to port a more featured reader that supports at least one "usable" ebook format (epub, fb2, imp, any other?). Unfortunately the two candidates i am aware of: fbreader and coolreadreader have both a GTK+2 - based UI, so the (quite huge task I suppose) would be to entirely rewrite the UI on SDL.

BTW: I have already tried to compile GTK2 over directfb, but in the end i failed, because i discovered that the uclibc toolchain doesn't suppurt localization... It should be possible to port GTK1.2, though. But who cares?
batman52

Next

Return to Dingoo OS Releases