Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Theme/Emu help

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Theme/Emu help

Postby Jamez on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:12 pm

I just need two more simple questions to be answered for me please. ;o
1. How do I get custom themes such as the Sonic 3 and Knuckles theme on my Dingoo?
2. Is there any way to fix the way the Sonic games look (and the sound) on the genesis emu.?

Thanks.
Jamez

Re: Theme/Emu help

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:17 pm

1. To get the theme onto your Dingoo, you must have the custom firmware from TeamDingoo (http://dingoo-digital.com/). The latest version is A320-1.03TD-3. Once you install that onto your Dingoo (there is instruction on how to), then you copy the res folder into system\res folder. This will replace your current Theme with your one. I would, as a personal thing, create a backup of the current res folder on your dingoo, so if you ever want the normal res folder, you have a backup. You can also use it as a template.

2. Currently, there is no true way of fixing the issues with the genesis emulator. Your best bet would be to get Dingux (www.dingux.com) and get the genesis emulator with that (I'm pretty sure there is one that is stable). Other then that, you could try frameskipping but that probably won't fix your sound.

Good luck!
Wiredbomb0

Postby Jamez on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Wiredbomb0 wrote:1. To get the theme onto your Dingoo, you must have the custom firmware from TeamDingoo (http://dingoo-digital.com/). The latest version is A320-1.03TD-3. Once you install that onto your Dingoo (there is instruction on how to), then you copy the res folder into system\res folder. This will replace your current Theme with your one. I would, as a personal thing, create a backup of the current res folder on your dingoo, so if you ever want the normal res folder, you have a backup. You can also use it as a template.

2. Currently, there is no true way of fixing the issues with the genesis emulator. Your best bet would be to get Dingux (www.dingux.com) and get the genesis emulator with that (I'm pretty sure there is one that is stable). Other then that, you could try frameskipping but that probably won't fix your sound.

Good luck!

Thanks...but it doesn't matter anymore. Dingoo got bricked yesterday, the second day I had it...
Jamez

Postby kamiyay on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Try the unbricking tool?
kamiyay

Postby Jamez on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:10 pm

kamiyay wrote:Try the unbricking tool?

Tried it like 10 times with a ton of options and finally un-bricked it...I was so happy. :D

I don't think I'll ever try the custom firmware again though. ._.
Jamez

Postby kamiyay on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:01 am

Make sure you select the correct LCD driver on the firmware. You can figure out the right kind by going to the secret menu screen. Go to system -> About -> then just click up, right, down repeating until it happens. (That is how I remember it).
kamiyay

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:33 am

kamiyay wrote:Make sure you select the correct LCD driver on the firmware. You can figure out the right kind by going to the secret menu screen. Go to system -> About -> then just click up, right, down repeating until it happens. (That is how I remember it).

Rather then repeating that, it's simply:

Up-Right-Down-Up-Right-Down

But yeah.

Also, make sure that your dingoo is fully charged before, cause that could create some problems when you are upgrading if it dies of battery power.
Wiredbomb0

Return to A320 hardware