Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Theme Creation Tutorials?

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Theme Creation Tutorials?

Postby Bob on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:37 am

I thought if would be excellent if someone could post (if there isn't already one up, I haven't found it) a tutorial for creating custom themes for the dingoo. I mean, I get the general premise of just replacing the elements of the dingoo-digital template, but does anyone have a step-by-step or any problems that you may have run into while creating your theme?

If anyone knows of a place to find cool little icons to use, that would also be a good resource to utilize. I believe I'm going to start working on a Super Mario Bros. 3 (My favorite!) theme and see where that takes me. If anyone wants to help or has any ideas let me know!
Bob

Re: Theme Creation Tutorials?

Postby flaviobello on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:18 am

there's no need for a tuto, i preety easy to make a theme, open every image in your graphic app and change it.
since you thinking about a mario theme, you shold look for mario game sprites, they give you great icons
good look man
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby Bob on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Sure you can replace the images with newer ones, but making it look EXCELLENT is a different matter. To be able to make a consistent look throughout the entire theme is tougher than it looks in my opinion. Does anyone have any tips, at least from a visual, creative standpoint?
Bob

Postby flaviobello on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:21 pm

make it looks EXCELENT it's up to you bro
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby Bob on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:01 pm

I don't think you understand where I'm going with this . . .

HOW did you create the menu icons?

Did you use any photo manipulation software like photoshop or GIMP?

How did you know what each image was responsible for representing within the Dingoo?

Could you maybe post a list of each image and where it can be found within the Dingoo?

Sorry for being blunt or if these questions are on the wrong forum, but there isn't a community out there yet for theme creation. Thanks!
Bob

Postby eule on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Did you extract the firmware with the hxf extract tool: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/din ... 0,0,116,71 ? If yes, you could browse through the pics, it´s not that difficult to recognize the function of the pics. And the filenames help a bit too.
If there is something you don´t recognize, you could switch on the dingoo and look for the icon/whatever.
btw: i´m trying my luck on an Amiga theme... we´ll see if it will be any good. :lol:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby trash on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:09 pm

@eule I have a amiga screen as bootscreen :D
Attachments
bonus.png
bonus.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 247 times
trash

Postby eule on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Bob on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Despite not really getting any insight on how to approach the theme creation process, I've almost completed my Super Mario Bros. 3 theme, which I've gotta say, doesn't look too bad. Buttons, wallpapers, and half of the USB screens are complete. I plan on having a different wallpaper and USB screen for each of the 4 folders (a, b, c, and d) and users who know enough about it can switch and swap the elements to their liking.

I've never actually "zipped" files or uploaded anything for public domain . . . can anyone help me get started? I guess I'd need to upload to the guys over at www.dingoo-digital.com right?
Bob

Postby trash on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Zip it, make a new thread and attach it to your post.
trash

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks