Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Bootscreen problems

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Bootscreen problems

Postby eule on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:12 pm

Hey guys, i tried to change the boot- and log-off-screen to some nice Amiga screens:
boot:
http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/umdsld2k/wb_30k320.bmp.png
log off:
http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/j8zjvw7r/gurumeditation_error.bmp.png

So i changed the firmware with the hxf-tool and updated the firmware. Now the problem starts: the dingoo shows the bootscreen (looks awesome 8-)), but it won´t go any further. It´s stuck! Reset doesn´t help, it just tries to boot and freezes again at the same place. Well, then i should update to the original firmware i thought, but my pc doesn´t recognize the dingoo (it still shos the Amiga-bootscreen).

Help! :(

edit: it won´t switch off ofcourse... first thing i tried ^^
2nd edit: will try the unbricker tool... i should have thought of this at first... :roll: will report back.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Re: Bootscreen problems

Postby so9 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi,

did you use the team-dingoo firmware or the td-patch? If yes, you've to copy the extracted files (system/...) to your dingoo right after the update ends. Otherwise it won't boot.

bye

So9
so9

Postby eule on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:34 pm

No, i had the 400mhz one installed (though it´s not at 400 mhz ^^) from the chinese forum. It´s basically the standard firmware at "400 mhz". I opened your tool (great work!), changed the 2 screens (.bmp with 320x240) and closed the .hxf file. Then i deleted the old firmware, copied the new one, started the dingoo with down pressed and it updated just fine. And now i´m stuck ^^
I´m just trying to fix it with the recovery thingy (quite difficult, as everything is in chinese and the .doc file shows no pics with Wordpad... d/ling Word Viewer ^^).
Thanks for helping :)

edit: hmm, the pics show, what i did so far ^^ the dingoo should show the firmware update screen. But it doesn´t, just a black screen. Well, i´ll let it do, whatever it does. Maybe it will work... (yes, i checked that i have the old LCD).
eule

Postby eule on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm

YES, now it´s updating the firmware :D Dunno, what was wrong the first time, but i just disconnected, resetted a few times, connected again, pressed B while resetting, installed driver again(?), started the recovery tool and then it started updating :) I just wonder, how long will it take ^^ (readme says 5 minutes, no progress bar though).
waiting sucks ^^
hint: if you want to customize your dingoo, backup all the games you have. My dingoo is absolutely empty now, but at least it works again. :|
AAHHRGGHS, all the CPS and NeoGeo games... all gone. Will be a lot of fun dling and converting them again...
eule

Postby eule on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Ok, i managed to change the screens on the 1.1 firmware and it works great! I wonder, what was the problem before. Anyways, if someone wants to give it a try, i uploaded it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/247774420/a320amiga.rar
eule

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks