Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

stuck on boot screen

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: stuck on boot screen

Postby Haas on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:24 pm

filt wrote:F*ck! Now i unplugged my bricked dingoo and plugged in my working one, and i forgot to close the recovery-tool, so it started upgrading the firmware on that one too... now they both behave the same way :(

OMG maybe you should be a little more care-full or just don't do this kind of stuff :S
Haas

Postby filt on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Ive had it for a few days... its the *31.

Now im doing the following:

1.) I run it on a fresh XP-machine, that does not have any drivers installed.
2.) I start it with B pressed and connect it to the computer, i install the USB-driver from the recovery tool package usb_drv.
3.) I start flashutil.exe from A320_Recovery_Tool_complete as administrator
4.) I select CCPMP_CFG_A320_LCM_FAIR_IL9331_320_240.DL as System DL Config
5.) I select a320-1.1.HXF as Firmware file
6.) I click "Burning system"

I get:
Device f8: [WIERD CHARS]
(Windows sound of unplugging hardware)
(Windows sound of plugging in USB-device)
(Dingoo screen changes to "Firmware Upgrade..."
Device: [WIERD CHARS]

Then nothing more hapends... I have waited up to 6 hours with no progress in the flashing. However, after this operation the dual bootloader to start linux disapears, so SOME change is done to the dingoo.

I still have 1 working Dingoo, is it possible to dump the content of that and put it on the broken ones?
filt

Postby filt on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Finally some wierd change..

I left my dingoo connected to my computer via USB with the drivers installed, when i returned to the officce my computer was in standby-mode. I turned it on and suddenly it found some new hardware.

It said it was a bluetooth device, but i choosed the USB-drivers for the dingoo, and then i started the Burning Tool, without doing anything about drivers i selected a DL-config and a Firmware-file and klicked "Burning System". Then it started the process, and for the first time ever it comes to a third line of [WIERD CARS], then after a few minutes it rebooted and now its in USB mode, i transfered the ROOT FILES and now it works properly.

I have NO idea how, but i unbricked the first dingoo, now lets try the second one!
filt

Postby filt on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Just to make it clear for others with the same problem:

The system i got it working on was Windows XP SP3
The dingoo was connected and USB drivers installed when the computer went to sleep, when i turned it on again it found a new device so i installed the drivers once again, and then the burning worked.

AND it worked for my other bricked Dingoo too! :)
filt

Postby hamtotem on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 am

glad to see you got it fixed. but i think that after you installed the drivers from the "usb_dvr folder, you could have unplugged the dingoo and opened "flashutil" and clicked "install drivers" there too then continue the steps. i couldn't remmeber if i had done that or not but no matter. if u fixed it, u fixed it.
hamtotem

Postby filt on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:24 pm

That was what i did before when it did not work correctly...
filt

Postby Shmuk on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:09 am

I don't know why, but I've flashed my Dingoo many many times using different DL and HXF files, trying to install new firmware as well as unbricking devices... But all to no avail. The Dingoo always ends up at the boot screen (with the blue paw print), and the G: drive on My Computer says that it needs formatting, but it doesn't let me format it.

The instructions on the firmware installation/debricking say that i should wait for four lines of gibberish to appear, but I tend to find five, as such:

Ive been trying for a few days to fix this. Please help me! =(
Shmuk

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks