Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Someone make a music player!

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Someone make a music player!

Postby quadomatic on Fri May 29, 2009 6:27 pm

The music player on the A320 is just a file browser right? It won't let you browse by metadata?

Could someone make a music player that does browse by metadata?
quadomatic

Re: Someone make a music player!

Postby Elta on Fri May 29, 2009 8:05 pm

The best thing to do is to wait for someone to port RockBox to the Dingoo.
Then make a triple boot original firmware/Linux/RockBox :)

There is already a port of RockBox for jz4732 based PMPs so most of the work is already done.
Elta

Postby Mikey 134 on Fri May 29, 2009 9:43 pm

metadata is important and a mini Mp3 software player is a great idea; porting some other
one is prolly the best option
Mikey 134

Postby anavrintobin on Fri May 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Oooh, i hadn't heard of Rockbox before. Was wondering what the future may hold for improved music player capiblities. Hope this or somthing like it appears on the dingoo as I listen to ALOT of music on the go.
anavrintobin

Postby quadomatic on Sat May 30, 2009 5:23 am

Rockbox would be amazing. I loved rockbox on my gigabeat...not sure if I care for triple boot though. It might be easier just to make an app.

But then again, if rockbox can come along quicker...
quadomatic

Postby welshmouse on Sat May 30, 2009 5:41 am

quadomatic wrote:Rockbox would be amazing. I loved rockbox on my gigabeat...not sure if I care for triple boot though. It might be easier just to make an app.

But then again, if rockbox can come along quicker...

i agree, triple boot would be annoying. but perhaps we can do away with the default firmware and dual-boot between linux and rockbox :)
welshmouse

Postby knk on Sat May 30, 2009 10:09 am

i dont see how tripple boot vs dual boot is anymore annoying if we gotta reboot to get into our music player anyway lol
knk

Postby anavrintobin on Sat May 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah, triple boot wouldn't bother me. I assume when/if we get dual boot it will just be a case of holding down a couple of buttons when you switch it on, so an extra combination for Rockbox is a non issue. All speculation of course, everything may be done through linux or perhapse very little...depends how the next few week pan out I suppose. We may not even get Rockbox!
anavrintobin

Postby welshmouse on Sun May 31, 2009 6:00 am

knk wrote:i dont see how tripple boot vs dual boot is anymore annoying if we gotta reboot to get into our music player anyway lol

mainly because you need 3 seperate partitions, which potentily means less data storage.
and it would be really anooying, having to constantly switch between 3 os's depending on what you want to do. one for media, and one for apps would be ok, but i wouldnt bother putting rockbox on if i already had to switch between linux and default jsut for different apps, i would just use the default media player and live with it.

maybe just me, but it would seem way too much hastle.
welshmouse

Postby knk on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 am

i guess you've got a point. but 3 seperate partitions wouldnt necessarily be required. Linux can boot off of fat as far as i know, even if it didnt youd get slightly less space for it's boot space. either way i dont really think ill end up using the dingoo for music. More for games =]
knk

Next

Return to Homebrew