Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Someone make a music player!

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Someone make a music player!

Postby schanall on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:32 am

Can rockbox display a cover?
schanall

Postby knk on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:33 am

youtube rockbox and youll see lol
knk

Postby polossatik on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Elta wrote:The best thing to do is to wait for someone to port RockBox to the Dingoo.
Then make a triple boot original firmware/Linux/RockBox :)

There is already a port of RockBox for jz4732 based PMPs so most of the work is already done.

I had a look around but was unable to find any trace of a jz4732 port... care to give a link?
polossatik

Postby anavrintobin on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:06 pm

polossatik wrote:
Elta wrote:The best thing to do is to wait for someone to port RockBox to the Dingoo.
Then make a triple boot original firmware/Linux/RockBox :)

There is already a port of RockBox for jz4732 based PMPs so most of the work is already done.

I had a look around but was unable to find any trace of a jz4732 port... care to give a link?

Try this...

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/M ... enicJz47xx
anavrintobin

Postby quadomatic on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:46 am

I'm kind of a huge n00b, but since no one else is looking into porting Rockbox, I think I will. There's already a lot of work with rockbox that's been done the Ingenics JZ4740 chipset in the Onda VX747, so I wanna see if it's not too difficult to get something working on the Dingoo.

The Dingoo would definitely be a decent media player provided it had the software.
quadomatic

Postby ezelkow1 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 am

Rockbox isnt really the type of thing for this since its an entire firmware replacement. Its already known that we can run madplay and mplayer builds but just has some issues, some of which stem from the bad sound drivers in the kernel currently. Either way a player would most likely use something like madplay or mplayer in the background than all of rockbox. Id wait to see what turns up once the rest of the kinks get worked out with the audio and video before going forward with trying to setup a triple boot situation just for the media player aspect. Of course its up to you, no harm in trying either.
ezelkow1

Postby Sombra on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:55 pm

I got my Dingoo yesterday and thus far I am very happy with all aspects of it except the music player. I don't want to have to go and rename all of my music files with the track number before each title...what a pain in the ass. Is there any other way around this issue?
Sombra

Postby eule on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Sombra on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Oh I know there are ways of doing this but I can't be bothered. I have 2 other MP3 players (Archos 605 160 GB and a Trekstor Vibez) so I don't need another one. It just would have been nice to have one that worked on the Dingoo.
Sombra

Postby eule on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, you asked :lol:
I love that the dingoo has some speakers, great for the park and stuff.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

PreviousNext

Return to Homebrew