Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Some new Homebrew and Emu info

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Some new Homebrew and Emu info

Postby Bingo83 on Sat May 02, 2009 11:15 pm

As the Dingoo is receiving more and more attention from the homebrew and emu developers they seem to really want to see what the machine is capable of.

Firefox, an existing dev on the GP2X scene, is currently working on some Homebrew and is also looking at porting a Jaguar emulator to the Dingoo :)

He looks as if he is creating a sort of Virus/Zarch hybrid for his homebrew test, with the image above looking very interesting.

I spent several weeks looking for a suitable game to port to the Dingoo, but in the end I thought I'd write a simple game that just needed to plot coloured pixels and read button presses. That makes the hurdle I have to jump to get it running on a new platform quite low.

Interestingly, the random number generator doesn't seem to work on the Dingoo. Instead of ground squares of random colours centred around green I get squares of a uniform colour (which is why I've turned the corner dots on). But the maps will eventually be generated by a separate program and compiled in anyway.

Defo someone to keep an eye on, will keep you posted as I find more info on whats being created and hopefully get our hands on some WIP software to test out.
Bingo83

Re: Some new Homebrew and Emu info

Postby jasha on Sat May 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Another good step forward for the little machine I am becoming increasingly attached to! Good news!
jasha

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Sun May 03, 2009 8:09 am

lol, that's pretty cool looking device. Nice work!
Wiredbomb0

Postby welshmouse on Sun May 03, 2009 8:46 am

its really nice to see sombody investing their time to make homebrew for the dingoo. i just hope it continues.

kudos to firefox though. wonder if he knows anything about SCUMMVM...
welshmouse

Return to Homebrew