Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

solar panel mod[tutorial w/ pics comming 6-6-09]

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: solar panel mod[tutorial w/ pics comming 6-6-09]

Postby emusan on Mon May 25, 2009 8:00 pm

1800mAH

umm... an 1800mA solar panel would be about 4'x4', how is that in ANY way portable? I'm hoping that thats an error, especially considering that the Dingoo battery is only 1700mAH, meaning that would charge it in under an hour, and then overcharge it, which would make it explode.

Yours wont work because its charging directly into the dingoo battery... this wont work, and i do know what will happen not only have i tried something like this before with my gizmondo console a few years ago but..... its simple logic a panel that can fit on the a320 cannot possibly generate enough charge to directly charge up the a320. whats your doing is creating a trickle charger....

the battery will charge with only 150 mA current, so if this solar panel gives off more than that, then how would it not charge? Also, no one here knows exactly what these solar panels can do yet, so stop assuming things and just wait. It honestly isn't that hard to be a little patient once and awhile.

Mine are charging in sunlight for 7 hours and charging its own battery and then charging my device from the solar chargers battery, this is what your not understanding.... you want to ignore what iv told you then... ok GL&HF.

charging a battery connected to the solar panel is unnecessary, but if you really wanted to you could attach pretty much any battery out there to my design, its honestly not that hard. However, if you do charge a battery with the solar panel, then your wasting valuable power. If you really want the specifics I can give them to you, I've been working with electronics for almost 3 years now.

Also i think, if it´s nicely done, no sharp corners and stuff, with powerful solar panels, it would be much better than your 5 Pound ebay charger.

thanks for understanding the whole point behind this project.
Last edited by emusan on Tue May 26, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
emusan

Postby snezzle on Mon May 25, 2009 8:57 pm

emusan wrote:[quote=snezzle]1800mAH

umm... an 1800mA solar panel would be about 4'x4', how is that in ANY way portable? I'm hoping that thats an error, especially considering that the Dingoo battery is only 1700mAH, meaning that would charge it in under an hour, and then overcharge it, which would make it explode.

[quote=snezzle]Yours wont work because its charging directly into the dingoo battery... this wont work, and i do know what will happen not only have i tried something like this before with my gizmondo console a few years ago but..... its simple logic a panel that can fit on the a320 cannot possibly generate enough charge to directly charge up the a320. whats your doing is creating a trickle charger....[/quote]

the battery will charge with only 150 mA current, so if this solar panel gives off more than that, then how would it not charge? Also, no one here knows exactly what these solar panels can do yet, so stop assuming things and just wait. It honestly isn't that hard to be a little patient once and awhile.

[quote=snezzle]Mine are charging in sunlight for 7 hours and charging its own battery and then charging my device from the solar chargers battery, this is what your not understanding.... you want to ignore what iv told you then... ok GL&HF.[/quote]

charging a battery connected to the solar panel is unnecessary, but if you really wanted to you could attach pretty much any battery out there to my design, its honestly not that hard. However, if you do charge a battery with the solar panel, then your wasting valuable power. If you really want the specifics I can give them to you, I've been working with electronics for almost 3 years now.

[quote=eule]Also i think, if it´s nicely done, no sharp corners and stuff, with powerful solar panels, it would be much better than your 5 Pound ebay charger.[/quote]

thanks for understanding the whole point behind this project.[/quote]

Learn to quote properly i cant read that mess. clear up your post and ill read it and respond to the rest.

The charger is the size of a gameboy advance sp... in fact its in the case of a gameboy advance sp.

The solar panels are not 1800mah the battery is, i have no idea what grade the panels are but i assume there level with the battery, i have pics on my x760+ website but its being ddosed atm so youll have to wait.
a320 and x760+ download database, fast downloads

http://x760.uuuq.com/uploader/
snezzle

Postby snezzle on Mon May 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Learn to quote properly i cant read that mess. clear up your post and ill read it and respond to the rest.

The charger is the size of a gameboy advance sp... in fact its in the case of a gameboy advance sp.

The solar panels are not 1800mah the battery is, i have no idea what grade the panels are but i assume there level with the battery, i have pics on my x760+ website but its being ddosed atm so youll have to wait.
a320 and x760+ download database, fast downloads

http://x760.uuuq.com/uploader/
snezzle

Postby emusan on Tue May 26, 2009 12:47 am

fixed, apparently it doesn't like some standard BBCode, that or I'm getting a little rusty lol. Anyway, you could post the pics of the charger on another site, and I could figure it out for you then.

Oh and the fact that the solar panel battery is 1800mAH has nothing to do with the solar panels themselves, they are completely different, the only similarity would be voltage, but that doesn't matter in this case.
emusan

Previous

Return to A320 hardware